Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Sadie26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 19

Deal not honoured

My home phone and broadband package was due to end mid March. I called and they said I could have another 18 month contract at the same price and package , £33.99 a month. I received an email to this effect confirming the agreed package and price.

On checking my bank account they instead took the full £55. I called BT and was lamely told the £33 deal no longer exists and that I shouldn’t have even been given this deal.  They have said the package is actually £37 and this is what I would have to pay.  I was in the middle of complaining that the company had yet again let me down and that they couldn’t defend this kind of poor service, when I was cut off (for the second time in the call).  Nobody bothered to call me back, and this just reinforces that they couldn’t care less about their customers. No goodwill, no ownership of my problem. A problem which they caused.  I’m livid with them and now faced with going through the whole charade again.

anyone else experienced anything similar?

Sandra

0 Ratings
18 REPLIES
Message 2 of 19

Re: Deal not honoured

Hi @Sadie26

Welcome to the community and thanks for your post!  I have moved your post to the "Bills & Packages" board where it is more appropriate.

I'm sorry that the amount you've been charged differs from what you had originally agreed to when renewing your broadband contract.  I appreciate the time you have spent trying to get this sorted over the phone and I'm sorry that your calls were disconnected on more than one occasion.

You can send us over your details and we will look into this for you from here.  When you send us over your details and reach the top of our email queue one of the guys will be in touch as we deal with cases strictly in turn as we receive them.  Please bear in mind that there may be a little longer to wait due to the bank holiday weekend.

Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Sadie26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 19

Thank you for the advice Robbie. I will certainly send a message this afternoon.
Sadie
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 19

Hi @Sadie26 I can see that you called us as you had not received my email. I resent it and wanted to check that you have received it this time.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Sadie26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 19

Hi John

Yes, thank you, I received your email.  Nothing personal, but the response is very disappointing and I will be putting in a complaint.  There is no attempt at customer care or to arrive at a resolution for me, with what was BT's mistake.  Yet again I've had a problem with BT of their causing, and am the one disadvantaged financially.

Regards

Sandra

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 19

Hi @Sadie26,

Thanks for taking the time to speak with @JohnC2 earlier today.

I'm happy everything was cleared up.

Enjoy your evening.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Sadie26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 19

Hello John

I've phoned the contracting team as advised.  I haven't re-contracted yet because I just need a bit of clarity about what is on offer.

The lady I spoke with, Liz at South Sheilds, couldn't quote me the £37.99 as it wasn't available to her.  So, the quote was £53.99 which is way more expensive than the competition and a full £20 a month more than I was paying for the same service.   I feel as if I've gone backwards with it.  I'm not even sure I got through to the right team.

Please can you advise how to proceed as I think I need more reassurance that signing up to the deal, and then hoping that various discounts etc, is going to work, and the exact amount of the contract once these have been applied.

Many thanks for your help.

Sandra

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 19

Hi @Sadie26 Thanks for the update. It does look like you didn't get through to the right team.

Sorry to ask but can you call the Retentions team on 0800 800 030 and they should be able to get a better deal. If that doesn't work I'll have to see if I can explore another avenue internally to help us with this.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 19

I have found in the last year that the retentions team have been extremely poor in offering competitive prices unlike previous years. In trying to get a deal on Unlimited Infinity up to 52Mbps last November the usual starting point was £46.99 a £3 saving and not much more was really offered that was acceptable so I stayed on my adsl contract. This was standard over several calls and doesn't bode well for negotiations this June.

I am not at all surprised at what the OP has been offered unfortunately.

0 Ratings
Sadie26
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 19

Thanks Conrad.

Well, I'll give it one more go, and John has been very helpful Smiley Happy

Sandra

0 Ratings