Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Arrowfletch
Beginner
Message 1 of 15

Debt Recovery Unit

Go to solution

can somebody please help or advise me, out of the blue some three weeks ago I received a bill from BT asking for £78.14 it was sent to an old address I use to live at, now for the past 3 to 4 years I didn't have a BT account and used sky and virgin so to get a bill from bt was a suprise however the bill doesn't go into any detail to what it is for so I call BT got through to the Indian call centre and was told it was for a premium email or that's what I think they were telling me that dates back 7 or 8 years and only now have they decided that I owe money to them to my knowledge I don't have such a thing and told the person this and left it at that.

now I have received a debt letter again with no explanation just a pay up or else you may end up in court obviously I'm very concerned and am worried, it's almost impossible to get through to someone in the uk to try and sort it out so this forum seems to be a good place to start

thank you in advance if anyone can help me

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 15

Re: Debt Recovery Unit

Go to solution

Don't ignore it. There should be contact details on the letter you received from the Debt Agency. Contact them and ask for the full details in relation to the alleged debt and any reference numbers. Tell them that you are disputing the debt with BT.

This should stop them from taking any further action until the dispute is resolved.

You then have to contact BT and advise them that you are disputing the debt and want a full explanation as to what the debt is.

Once you have that information you will be better informed as to what course of action you should take.

Have a look at this link and in particular about the length of time the debt has been out standing. It may be relevant to you.

https://www.citizensadvice.org.uk/debt-and-money/help-with-debt/how-to-dispute-a-credit-debt/how-to-...

0 Ratings
Arrowfletch
Beginner
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

The letter is from BT debt recovery unit final reminder, I have written them a letter tonight

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

Hi Arrowfletch,

Welcome and thanks for posting. I’m sorry you received this bill out of the blue. I’m sure I can help get to the bottom of this. Can you please send me over the details, including your old address and post code and I’ll check what’s going on with this. You’ll get the contact the moderator link in my profile.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Arrowfletch
Beginner
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

David, thanks for your reply a bit of guidance on how to send you the information I see the button to pm you but no link for contact the moderator

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

the link should like this you must be logged into the forum to see the link

mod contact.JPG

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

@Arrowfletch I've double checked and the link has definitely been made visible to you in Davids profile. Let us know if you need any further assistance finding it.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
Arrowfletch
Beginner
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you everyone, and to copy the url what do I do?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution
this is the URL https://community.bt.com/t5/Bills-Packages/Debt-Recovery-Unit/td-p/1578067

you need to highlight it then copy and paste it in to the contact form
0 Ratings
Arrowfletch
Beginner
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

Thank you so much to all of you lets hope they can help me out

0 Ratings