cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PaddyB
Message 11 of 38

Re: Default Payment on Closed Account

Hi @Mrdthomp86,

Thank you for posting back. If the account was closed back in 2015, unfortunately, we wouldn't be able to view the details of that account. The only team that would be able to help is BT's Equifax disputes team, which can only be contacted by Equifax.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Mrdthomp86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 38

Hi,

according to BT it was closed in 2015. What has been submitted to Equifax is that it is open and in Nov 2019 theres a defaulted payment that had been on the account for several years with no missed payments against it until that point.

hopefully it can be resolved and I can use financial services without issue.

0 Ratings
Stevesanders387
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 38

I had the exact same thing, I submitted a County Court claim against BT which they paid me £535 this morning and the default has been removed. If you want I can give you a copy of my claim, BT's initial defence, my witness statement so you can see how easy it is to not only get the default removed but put a claim in for breach of GDPR.

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 38

@Stevesanders387

Did BT settle outside of court as they normally do if so you might want to check if they slipped a NDA into the settlement before saying anything else?

SP

0 Ratings
Stevesanders387
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 38

Yes they settled out of court, no NDA but wouldn't have signed anyway.

0 Ratings
Mrdthomp86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 38

Hi,

wow sounds like you got a right result!

I just want it over with and to forget about it. Maybe not the right attitude, but the idea of going to court fills me with dread.

thanks for offering.

0 Ratings
Stevesanders387
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 38

They will bolt long before then, its very easy, and going to court is no worse than going to the dentist.

Mrdthomp86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 38

It’s been over the 21 days for a response and so far Equifax have received nothing from BT. Still stuck in limbo unable to do anything because they have trashed my credit on an account closed for 4 yeasts.

0 Ratings
Mrdthomp86
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 38

Still no resolution. BT response to Equifax is to decline despite all the evidence!!!!!!!

seems like they can do whatever they want.

I guess it’s progress to financial ombudsman.

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 20 of 38

@Mrdthomp86 

Since you have already followed the Equifax record of dispute route and BT have decided that the marks are correct I would raise a complaint with BT directly. Provide them with the Equifax reference and ask for the exact reason why they are maintaining the outstanding balance which they sent to collections. Explain that you remain unhappy and ask for a letter of deadlock so you can take the complaint to the Communications Ombudsman. The case will need to go to BT's Complaint Review Team before the deadlock letter is sent out and they may be able to see the old account records. 

More than likely BT are maintaining the balance because it's been than long since the account closed that they can no longer view the notes on the account rather than having evidence that charges were raised correctly and went unpaid. 

SP