cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
MrPear
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Default filed by bt at old address on credit report, but I DID inform them!

Hi all

I'll keep this as short as I can and bullet point as much as possible.

* Account opened with BT in 2015, solely for broadband but also had a phone
* Moved house during contract (August 2015), had to move out quickly and last minute due to job change
* BT could not provide a service to our new house
* Few weeks after moving, I contacted BT with regards to paying contract early, as I didn't have my customer account number or phone number I was advised to write a letter for it
* Drafted a letter in September 2015 to the complaints department in Durham advising of the house move and also requesting my account number to pay the contract out

I still have a copy of the letter and also a copy of the receipt. The receipt clearly shows the date and the post code, however the tracking number is now invalid (I assume they expire after a certain time)

So. I heard nothing from the letter, and as far as I knew I didn't sign a credit agreement and it never showed up on my Experian.

Last week I checked my Equifax report as I'm buying a house, there is a default notice from BT served in February 2016 to my old address.

I have lodged a dispute with Equifax, filed a complaint with BT, and currently awaiting the outcome.

Wondering if I have a case for removal on the basis that I still have a copy of the letter informing of house move and requesting account number, as well as a receipt of postage on the same day (5th September 2015)

Thanks guys

Andy

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
XRaySpeX
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Default filed by bt at old address on credit report, but I DID inform them!

Only the firm that raised the default can remove it. All you can do is ask for your explanation to be added.

Why was BT unable to provide BB at your new addy? BT can provide BB & phone all over the UK (bar Hull).

Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: Default filed by bt at old address on credit report, but I DID inform them!

It was because (at the time) they couldn't provide a super fast broadband in our area.
0 Ratings