Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Teddybeare
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

Default payment on credit rating

Hi,

I've read this topic on here, and believe it may be the only way I could get a positive result. I was declined for a mortgage today and was advised to check my credit report with equifax, I have been checking with experian and they say I'm excellent. However, equifax don't agree because of a default to BT in July 2011. I am unsure of how this happened, only through looking at my statements I was paying £56 every month leading up to this, I believe this was due to an excessive bill built up by my girlfriend, as she opened the account originally but was unable to meet the payments. The DD was cancelled, possibly by myself when I had assumed the total bill had been paid. The next communication I had was from the debt collectors in dec/jan 2012 when I paid the outstanding balance and the account was settled. Now 4 years on I'm at risk of losing out on a house because of a £56 bill that i'd thought had been paid! Seems a little harsh, as I ended up paying £149 to the Debt collectors as well. 

Any advice or help would be much appreciated, I will try to contact BT tomorrow, but if that fails I will be looking on here again!

Thanks for reading 

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Default payment on credit rating

Hi Teddybeare,

Welcome and thanks for posting!

I'm sorry that happened.  I'll be happy to look into this for you from here.  You can send over your details and we'll get back to you.

Click on my username and you'll see the link to get in touch under the "about me" section.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings