cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roy12345
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Definition of a New Customer for BT deals etc.

Go to solution

I'm currently a BT home phone subscriber with Sky Broadband (ADSL) over that line.  I'll soon be moving to another City, with the usual array of different Companies offering competing packages for Phone/Broadband/TV.  One of these of course is BT.

Some offers are marked as 'New Customers only'.  Likewise, some my pay a cashback through sites like QuidCo etc.

My question is, would signing with BT at a new adress and probably for a larger package than now (Phone+Broadband and probably fibre not ADSL) entitle me to such new customer deals?

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Definition of a New Customer for BT deals etc.

Go to solution
moving creates a new contract providing you do not move your phone line you would be a new customer so the deals would apply
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Definition of a New Customer for BT deals etc.

Go to solution

Hi @Roy12345 and thanks for posting.

Are you still in contract? If so then using the home movers process with mean you'll start a new contract as an existing customer. If you're not currently in contract your best bet would be to place a new order at you new address and cancel at your present address, though you would be liable for the broadband cease charge as part of the cancellation.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You