cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 14

Delay in Superfast broadband order

I ordered Superfast Fibre 1 on Friday 29th March with a promised activation dated of tomorrow Friday 27th March.  But the order update still says 'We're finding a date for your Equipment delivery . This shouldn't take more than 48 hours.'  What is going on and when will my broadband actually be installed?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Delay in Superfast broadband order

are you moving from another ISP?

as not BT customer enter your address and post result  https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 14

I am moving in to the property for first time. There is a phone line there because I get dial tone. I don't have the phone number.

When I try and use the link you posted using my address and postcode I get the message 'We are sorry but the checker is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.'
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Dial 17070, it will give you the number if its a BT Retail line.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

just tried link and seems to be working ok  just use address of new home - is it a new build?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 6 of 14

Hi 

The link is fine, but when I press the submit button I get the message 'We are sorry but the checker is unavailable at the moment. Please try again later.'

The flat is not new build, and it has an existing telephone line, with dial tone, but I don't know the phone number of the line

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 14

@paholdaway wrote:

The flat is not new build, and it has an existing telephone line, with dial tone, but I don't know the phone number of the line

As I said, ring 17070 and it will tell you the number.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 8 of 14

Hi

Thanks.

I dialled 17070. I got the number and put that in checker and it seems that it is not a BT number.

Paul

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 14

@paholdaway wrote:

Hi

Thanks.

I dialled 17070. I got the number and put that in checker and it seems that it is not a BT number.

Paul

Then its probably a number from another provider, or a stopped line.

What happens if you dial 150?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 10 of 14

I think it is a Vodafone number, but the copper line will still be BT Openreach

0 Ratings