cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hayden2
Message 11 of 15

Re: Delay in broadband connection

No direct fibre/ broadband, tv & phone package(I can't tell you the broadband service as it is not activated in the bt dashboard on my online account), I've been told that Openreach just need to make the connection in the cabinet. I've requested that the BT customer service chap emails me to confirm that I will have service on the 20th, which he has said he will do but he also said that having spoken to Openreach he does not have total faith that this will happen. I have been with BT for a year now at our old property and they have been the best provided I have ever had but I'm worried that the date they have now given me will pass by given what this guy has told me.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 15

Did you say direct fibre, with equipment inside which looks like this? Its sold as BT Ultrafast Broadband.

ont.jpg

0 Ratings
Highlighted
hayden2
Message 13 of 15

Hi,

No we haven't got that box, we just have the bt master socket inside so I believe it is copper into the property

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 15

If your phone service is working, then why would you need to be home for a broadband activation ?, if you have ordered FTTC/VDSL then the engineer visits the cabinet, if ADSL, connection is done in the exchange, in both cases the ISP usually sends you the equipment ( router) to self install, so no home visit is required.
If your line is working, what do you get if you enter your phone number here
https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 15

@hayden2 wrote:

Hi,

No we haven't got that box, we just have the bt master socket inside so I believe it is copper into the property

As @iniltous has said, ther is no need for a visit, you just plug the home hub in yourself.

There may be a delay if there is no spare connections left in the cabinet.

0 Ratings