cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 19

Re: Delay in my BT Infinity Activation (Not Happy)

David cannot deal via private message, you must use the "contact the mods" link as described.

"Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You"

0 Ratings
rjnicko
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 19

I'm sorry but I cannot see that contact mods section anywhere I am also logged in.

0 Ratings
rjnicko
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 19

I'm sorry but I cannot see that contact mods section anywhere & I am also logged in, but I am on an iPhone though as this is all I can use at the moment.

Its going to turn into a major dilemma lasting six weeks I just know it is, it always does. 

0 Ratings
rjnicko
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 19

Just spoke to BT and they have confirmed after speaking to Wholesale and Open Reach it won't be ready until 16th September. Thats not acceptable for me. However, I am going to give it until Monday as they say have said there is a chance it will come on then, but if it doesn't, I'm certainly going to go ahead and cancel the entire thing. I will instead opt for one of them 4G WIFI units as a tempary measure and go back with sky. 

From what I gathered on the phone, the fibre has been installed, but it's an advisory error on their system and they said it takes five days to clear off. Pathetic, what an utter waste of time this whole process has been, I wish i'd never bothered in the first place.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 19

@rjnicko wrote:

I'm sorry but I cannot see that contact mods section anywhere & I am also logged in, but I am on an iPhone though as this is all I can use at the moment.

Its going to turn into a major dilemma lasting six weeks I just know it is, it always does. 

If you request the full desktop version of the forum, instead of the mobile version, it should be visible.

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 19

Hi @rjnicko,

I've dropped you a message with a contact link. Drop me over an email and I'll look into this for you.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
rjnicko
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 19

Still not working, I'm going to see if I can escalate this tomorrow to a manager or supervisor as I need internet up and running as soon as possible. I feel like I've been given the runaround over these past two days speaking on the phone, as everyone is telling me different things, no one really knowing 100% what the issue actually is. I need a proper internet connection for work purposes, so I can acess my resources and send files to the office in the evening. I can't let this affect my job, as I've just recently started it. I'm fed up already of BT and i've not even been their customer 48 hours yet.

I've been told the earliest is Friday next week (I know from past incidents thats bascially code for a minimum of a six week wait), (thats no good at all) Hopefully they get it working after an esculation. Otherwise I'm going to have to cancel it and send everything back and opt for a 4G dongle until my old sky service can be brought back, even if its not fibre at least Sky Broadband worked, just a shame about Sky's £85 a month fee for the TV/Phone/Broadband package, but if thats what it costs to get working broadband and TV I don't mind paying it at all.

I'd love for it work and I really wanted to like BT after trying my friends BT Infinity out a few weeks back I was so impressed and amazed with it. I'm just so disapointed and annoyed whats happened for me.

If I do cancel it I won't be paying any kind of cancelation fee though, considering BT haven't delivered on their service. I've got no TV or Internet.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 19

if you have contacted DavidM if you have please now leave it in his hands now as the forum mods take personal ownership of problems and provide a single point of contact in the UK at the moment once you contact them they are taking 3/5 working days to reply to your personally by phone or email they have a very good success rate with problems
0 Ratings
rjnicko
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 19

Unfortunately 3-5 days is too long, It really needs sorting today as I need to send my stuff to work and get my TV up and running.

Its 2016 even expecting someone to manage even a day without the internet isn't acceptiable really. Almost everything I own requires an internet connection to work, Netflix, Amazon Prime, BT YouView, My surveilence system, My Smart Fridge and my radio is also internet connected in my house so I can't even use that without working internet.

0 Ratings