cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Delayed Full Fibre Provision

I am looking for advice on how I can escalate to Manager/Senior manager  level an ongoing problem with the provision of Full Fibre.

I placed the order in November, and I currently know that there is a problem with wayleaves. I have chased the Full fibre team on 150 a weekly basis but I keep getting told different stories about where the holdup lies ie Openreach or 3rd party contractor.

To make matters worse BT decided last Tuesday to cease my existing FTTC service and I'm being told by BT faults that the service cannot be restored !!  . If the service cannot be restored then urgency should be given to the new provision.

On Friday I spoke with the landowner who grants permission to dig the trench in the lane outside my property and they assure me that Openreach have still to agree to their standard terms and conditions relating to the wayleave.  So I tried to escalate this ongoing wayleave problem via 150 . Girl refused and told me I must wait for the next update on 9 March, she then cut me off. What wonderful customer service.!

In addition I had already got the Broadband Fault department to issue (3 March) on my behalf a customer complaint and the agent promised to call be back the next day (Friday). Nothing again today Monday so I'm still waiting for a progress report.

I feel the service I am receiving from BT is appalling and I'm on the verge of writing a letter right to the top of BT but before I do that I was hoping that someone on here could advise me how best to approach this total fiasco.?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Delayed Full Fibre Provision

If it's delayed by the suppliers (Openreach) then escalting won't change this sadly, you'll only have an escalated complaint still in delay.

There's no reason they can't supply a temp service of FTTC or ADSL or even a 4G mini hub though, I'd get back on to BT and ask for some sort of temp service.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

OK so perhaps I should have asked a different question - how can I escalate the problem within Openreach - surely BT managers talk to Openreach managers and can agree on making certain orders a priority? At the moment BT seems to chase Openreach on a weekly basis (for the last 2 months without progress) which is not really acceptable in the circumstances I have outlined.

I was told that the loss of my FTTC service was due to a system/human error in BT Wholesale. I really can't understand why service can't easily be restored?

(I have been sent a minihub but unfortunately it has limited coverage in a 3 story house)
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Openreach are not allowed to give priority to BT Retail, or any other provider.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Your problem does not lie with BT which is a retail ISP but with Openreach agreeing terms on the wayleave with the landowner. Have you asked him what the terms and conditions are? This could be the reason for the delay.

BT Retail have no control over Openreach and are just like any other ISP.

0 Ratings