cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 22

Delayed and delayed activation

I thought that joining BT was a good choice.  It’s just one big headache!  Activation due last Thursday but then told only one socket left at box and it’s faulty! Would be activated in 24 hours.  Still nothing and every time I call I get told engineer assigned but may need to respond to fix urgent medical line.  And here I am and still waiting.  Told not to call back again today as Openreach office is closed till Monday.  May get activated up to 12 tonight.  Yes like I believe that.  Why can’t someone just be honest.  I’m worried that if new customers are treated like this what is my experience going to be like going forward.  Everyone is very polite and appear helpful but in truth nothing is being done to solve this.  I even emailed someone call Philip Jansen and no response yet.  What can I do next to speak to someone who can actually solve this and I don’t need to hear it’ll be done tomorrow but can’t  guarantee.

0 Ratings
21 REPLIES 21
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 22

Re: Delayed and delayed activation

@Sue_7 

Is your phone line working, as that needs to work before broadband can be activated?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 3 of 22

No nothing is working as something in box on road has to be fixed.  All they keep saying is by midnight then nothing 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 4 of 22

Hi @Sue_7,

Welcome to the Community.

If I am being honest it's very unlikely that whatever the issue in the exchange/cabinet will be fixed today. Sadly I can't see there being engineers working on "standard work" at this time of day on a Saturday. 

The good news is that Philip Jansen is the CEO and his ELC team will probably pick this case up on Monday and case handle your complaint moving forward. 

Wish you all the best in getting connected. 

SP 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 22

Are you switching provider?  If so who was your previous ISP?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 22

Thank you.  I can’t believe it.  An engineer turned up about half an hour ago and plugged something in the socket and went to work in road.  It looks like I will be connected tonight.  He said they are very busy and turning down jobs.  He was from another part of the country.  Fingers crossed

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 7 of 22

It was virgin. 6 months in and as they still hadn’t fixed it where I asked them to I left. Their customer services are awful. I had a temporary installation for 6 months 🙄
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 8 of 22

Fingers crossed for you.
Glad to hear I am wrong about standard work being competed late on weekends 😏
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 22

@Sue_7 

The fact that your phone line was not working, was probably the reason for the delay. It may not have been connected through at the exchange.

Without a working phone line, it would not be possible to do the work in the cabinet, as the line is needed to complete the commissioning checks.

Hopefully this is now being dealt with.

December is a very busy time for Openreach with the run up to Christmas, as everyone wants their broadband  orders completed before the holidays.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 10 of 22

So engineer has come out and I’m so pleased.  He does what he has to do and then goes to connect.  We’ve gone from purple light to orange.  He’s then tested line and says something about first engineer doing something wrong and that he was going to check and will knock in about ten minutes.  That was over an hour ago.  Still no broadband no signs of him in road.  Surely he hasn’t just driven off.  He only has to come back and say there’s a problem our night has been totally disrupted and I’m still thinking he may knock on the door as he said.  Surely he hasn’t just left the job saying nothing

0 Ratings