Message 11 of 22

Re: Delayed and delayed activation

Is the phone line now working?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 22

Can’t tell if home phone is working as don’t have one.  Need to get a new one.  However there is one change since he was here the hub now is not purple but orange.  When he left he said he thought he knew what it was and that previous engineer may have fitted something wrong way round and that he would be back in 10 minutes.  But he never came back and now I don’t have a clue what is going on

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

@Sue_7 wrote:

Can’t tell if home phone is working as don’t have one.  Need to get a new one.  However there is one change since he was here the hub now is not purple but orange.  When he left he said he thought he knew what it was and that previous engineer may have fitted something wrong way round and that he would be back in 10 minutes.  But he never came back and now I don’t have a clue what is going on

If  you never use your phone line, a cheap wired phone costing less that £10 will allow you to check for dial tone, and to see if there is any noise on the line.

This page explains what the lights mean https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-can-t-connect/what-do-the-ligh...

It indicates now, that your connection is now active, and just needs a device connecting to it.

If you have a smart hub 2, then

Orange Your Hub is working but isn't connected to the internet Connect a device to your Hub. Open a new web browser window and follow the on-screen help wizard to get connected.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 22

I’ve connected my you view box but it says can’t connect to network.  I restarted router and it is still solid orange

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

@Sue_7 wrote:

I’ve connected my you view box but it says can’t connect to network.  I restarted router and it is still solid orange

You need to connect a different device, like a computer or smartphone, as I don`t think the initial  setup cannot be done by the YouView box.

The hub manager page will tell you the status of your connection.

You may need to install the BT app on your phone, if you have a Smart Hub 2.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 16 of 22

I’ve attached my iPhone and have BT app but nothing is happening.  No page is coming up

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 22

how do you mean you have attached your iphone to hub?  can you connect to hub SSID and enter wireless password which should connect you to hub and allow access but you still wont have internet access

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 22

I attached my phone to hub with usb.  My hub comes up on my phone but when I enter password it says that there is a problem with my broadband so Can’t connect to internet.  I’m going out to buy phone so I can check if phone line working

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 19 of 22

Hi thank you for your help.  I messaged engineer that came last night.  He says it is the fibre that is wired incorrectly and they need to get one of their fibre team out and then it’s a simple switch over in green box.  He said they aren’t in till Monday.  Looks like I’m in for long haul

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 22

@Sue_7 wrote:

I attached my phone to hub with usb.  My hub comes up on my phone but when I enter password it says that there is a problem with my broadband so Can’t connect to internet.  I’m going out to buy phone so I can check if phone line working

Your phone would connect via wireless not USB.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings