Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Hamoudinho
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Delayed new build phone and broadband installation

Hi All
I have been waiting for two months now awaiting new line to be inshalled. To cut the story short it was caused by extreme lack of coordination between openreach and the new home developer. About 10 days ago the ducting issues were resolved and two days ago on site (my house) was physically connected. I was told by the engineer that he will check the cabinet and if line is not active he will file necessary paperwork to get it activated which should happen fairly quickly.
I contacted BT new line team and they said they are still waiting for openreach to finish. I tried to explain that they have finished and asked if they could contact them again to verify the details but he said he already contacted them and the next update is in 10 days!!
How do I get this escalated. I am really fed up with the whole situation and I feel trapped as there are no other non openreach providers in my area (e.g. Virgin). I am not sure what is the hold up given that the the connections are complete.
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Delayed new build phone and broadband installation

Welcome to this user forum.

New builds can take a very long time to sort out. If you look at this forum search link, you will get some idea.

https://community.bt.com/t5/forums/searchpage/tab/message?advanced=false&allow_punctuation=false&q=n...

0 Ratings
Sage
Sage
Message 3 of 6

The hold up is the engineer submitting his report and Openreach acting on it. Nothing to do with BT (Retail) your supplier.

Message 4 of 6

Engineers don’t ‘File Necessary Paper Work’ or ‘Submit Reports’.

The Engineer who pulled in the cable from the Joint Box to your house and jointed it through to the Lead In the Developer put in would’ve been an Infrastructure Delivery Engineer. All he’ll do is close off his job saying the Build is complete.

You’ll still need what they call a NDVR, New Development Visit Required appointment for an Installation Engineer to come round and complete the Installation (if needs be), pair quality test the line and update any routing records.
0 Ratings
Hamoudinho
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thank you all for your valuble input 

On my order it is now saying that on site connection complete but off site connection pending (which I presume the cabinet side). It is difficult to know who is who as the developer appears to be working closely with openreach so one team routed the cables and then a different engineer connected to the house and installed the socket (I presume this is the infrasrtucture engineer).   It will be useful if they confirm the next steps which Starwire eluded to as there is no clear indication as to how much longer I need to wait. 

To be honest it could all be a mess near the cabinet given that they are trying to connect 12 new houses and the pending @"off site connection" update is not reassuring. 

Still from the other related discussions I dont think there is anything I can do but wait, it is just frustrating that the companies are not transparent, openreach do not give enough information to BT and I cant get much information direct from openreach. 

Thank you all for your help, I will stay put for now. 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

@Starwire2000 wrote:
Engineers don’t ‘File Necessary Paper Work’ or ‘Submit Reports’.

The Engineer who pulled in the cable from the Joint Box to your house and jointed it through to the Lead In the Developer put in would’ve been an Infrastructure Delivery Engineer. All he’ll do is close off his job saying the Build is complete.

You’ll still need what they call a NDVR, New Development Visit Required appointment for an Installation Engineer to come round and complete the Installation (if needs be), pair quality test the line and update any routing records.

All of which is neatly summarised as the engineer submitting his report, or is it done by thought transference.