cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Nick02
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

Delays with fibre connection

Why is it taking so long to activate my fibre connection?

Moved into my new home 6 weeks ago, everything appears to be working PON light on, but despite being given a date of 31st Jan I'm still not connected

I work from home and this is becoming a nightmare

Customers services blame Openreach but no one can explain why and more importantly when the issue will be resolved

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: Delays with fibre connection

Welcome to this user forum.

The only people that can help with this, are the Fibre To The Home team on 0800 587 4787.

0 Ratings
pippincp
Sage
Message 3 of 13

You mean the FTTP team. @Keith_Beddoe Smiley Very Happy

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 13

@pippincp wrote:

You mean the FTTP team. @Keith_Beddoe Smiley Very Happy

I have heard them called Fibre To The Home team before. I just thought it made more sense than just saying FTTP, which may not mean much to people.

0 Ratings
Nick02
Beginner
Message 5 of 13

I speak to the FTTP team on a regular basis but they offer no meaningful information, they consistently quoted the 31st and sent a text yesterday stating it wouldn't now be connected, no explanation and no alternative dates offered

It's extremely frustrating, not knowing when it will be connected and no one accepting responsibility, BT blame OR, is no one is accountable!

0 Ratings
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 13

There is nothing you can do apart from wait. There may be other issues which were not originally identified.

Unfortunately, none of the BT employees who moderate this forum, can help with this.

Delays on new builds are very common.

0 Ratings
Nick02
Beginner
Message 7 of 13

Thanks, but surely someone  can at least explain the problem, it's far too easy for both parties to blame each other and neither feel the customer is worthy of  an explanation

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 13

What colour light is on your Router?

Has the Provision Order actually closed or is it still open.

When you phone up don’t just accept the response, it’s an Openreach Problem. Ask for specific details on what this alleged Openreach Problem is.
0 Ratings
Nick02
Beginner
Message 9 of 13

I understand the point you're making but BT customer services clearly don't know how to resolve the issue and Openreach are virtually impossible to contact, I have emailed them but if anyone has a number for them, please let me know

0 Ratings
Starwire2000
Recognised Expert
Message 10 of 13

You can’t contact Openreach directly, they are just the Wholesaler.

For years Phone Companies and Customers complained and complained and complained that BT had an unfair advantage and insisted on the creation of an independent Network Provider so that’s what you now have.

If BT is your Provider then it’s up to them to find out what the issue is and get it resolved.
0 Ratings