cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
quailj380
Message 1 of 6

Desparation re: House Move. Appalling Service.

I'll do my best to be brief about what has turned out to be a complete foul up by BT. We originally contacted BT in January about our house move. We were offered a package to cover BT TV, Infinity and a new phone number for our new property? All was well until we contacted BT to move the installation date from 4 March to 16 March. This seems to have cuased some kind of melt down. For some reason, it seems that BT were unable to move the date and last week we were advised to cancel the whole order and start again. But we were unable to do so because again for some reason, BT were having trouble cancelling the original order. We were promised on 2 occasions this week that someone would call us back to let us know what is happening. Needless to say these phone calls did not materialise. So were promised that without fail we would be called yesterday. Yes, you've guessed it. My husband rang customer services today to complain and was told the following:

- the issue is with a mysterious back office who have arbitarily postponed the promised call until Monday 7 March

- customer services have no way of contacting the back office to find out what is going on

- we have no way of escalating our complaint until we have waited 8 weeks and can contact the ombudsman!

This is beyond belief. Please - can someone just tell us whether or not an engineer is going to call on 16 March to our new address? I work from home half the time and am reliant on broadband. Why is it so hard to tell us what is happening and why?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Desparation re: House Move. Appalling Service.

I have asked a moderator to help you they will post their contact link here
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 6

Hi @quailj380 and thanks for posting.

I'm really sorry there's been such a mix up with the order. You can get an update on what's happening by contacting the online order chat team who should be able to help you. If you don't get your call back on Monday please post back and we'll lend a hand.

Cheers

David 

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
quailj380
Message 4 of 6

Thank you

0 Ratings
quailj380
Message 5 of 6

Hi David - appreciate the offer of help but unfortunately you've missed the point. No-one can tell us what's going on - we've tried every available avenue of BT comms. There is also the time pressure issue. We've read some horror stories on the posts in Forums and on the BT Facebook page about people waiting 8 weeks or more for the services to be delivered. We contacted BT in January and we are now in March and a week away from our house move and we still don't know how long we will have to wait. Surely there must be a way of escalating cases like ours? We both work in the mcuh maligned public sector but a complaint / issue escalation service as poor as this would simply be unacceptable to our employer. I just wish someone could convey a sense of urgency here about getting this resolved. It's not as though home moves are a rare occurence!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

have you phoned the number mod provided to see if they can help with more information.  if after phoning you are no further forward then post back and mods offered to help.

I would add that after completing the mod email for assistance you will join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help all of whom consider, like you. their problem is a priority hence why mods reply to the emails in order of receipt.  at present this can take 6/7 working days due to number of requests but once mods contact you by phone or email they will take personal responsibility until resolved

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings