cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mikecracknell
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

Diabiolical service from BT - new customer

Activation date was 29/2 - phone line goes over to BT - broadband still with Sky. BT say 'no, phone line is still with Sky' - dial 150 from phone line and it says "welcome to BT customer services."

Couple of days later, broadband is still with Sky. Call BT and get told "by midnight tonight it will be changed over".

Nothing. Called BT next day and get told "yes, it will take 2 working days for this to happen". Get home from work that night, Sky broadband has gone, and no BT. 

Call up on the Saturday just gone, no one has got any record of the previous call where I was told it would be activated within 2 working days so they then tell me there's some issue with some order being closed off etc etc. Now we are on the day, and nothing still. Called BT customer services at 1850 - got though to someone at 1945, put me on hold and cut me off. Called back. On hold for 15 minutes then get a message saying "sorry we are now closed".

Fed up with this. I have raised a dispute with the credit card company for the activation fee seeing as you don't seem to be able to activate it. Mobile broadband data allowance has run out so I have now had to purchase a bolt on for more data. And with no end in sight and no sign of an activation date, how long is this going on for?!?!?!?!

You have got all my contact details with my order:  Please call me as it seems impossible to get through at all now. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Diabiolical service from BT - new customer

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT.

I have notified the moderators of the forum about your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 3

Re: Diabiolical service from BT - new customer

Hi @mikecracknell Welcome to the forum and sorry to hear about the problems with your order to move to BT.

We'll be happy to help you with this if you send us your details. You can contact us by clicking on my user name and selecting contact the mods. We are very busy at present so it will take approx 5 working days to get to you. If you are unable to wait that long then try the Live Chat order team who will be able to help.

Thanks
John

0 Ratings