cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

Direct Debit doubled due to one off situation - how to amend down?

Go to solution

Normally I hardly pay anything for landline calls - just the line rental and Broadband.  (No Issues, all fine.)

Due to my partner being very sick for a few weeks I did make a lot of landline calls during that period - 15 hours plus.

BT have now doubled my Direct debit, their automated systems no doubt adjusting thinking this is the new normal.  It isn't, zero call charges since their recovery - and I changed to Anytime. 

The Account will be in credit at the next bill.

Summary
19/Q4- Normal no call charges
20/Q1 - 15 plus hours of call charges - expected and billed.
20/Q2 - Normal no call charges.
20/Q3 - Account will be in credit and surplus.

How do I get BT to drop the the Direct Debit back to the original level? 

I don't wish to wait until Xmas for BT to realise I need a refund, or they reduce it to a ridiculously low amount and we start paying bill yo-yo for a year. 

Thank you!

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Direct Debit doubled due to one off situation - how to amend down?

Go to solution

This is a customer help customer forum and your post does not go to BT

phone 150 then billing 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Hi @Geoffrey_H,

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

I'm sorry to see that your partner has been unwell recently.  I really hope that they're feeling better and are on the mend.  I completely understand where you are coming from with the excess usage only happening for a short period of time.  You can have a word with our Live Chat team who should be able to help.  They may not be available over the weekend but you can have a chat with them at the start of next week.  Here's the link to get in touch  >>  Live Chat Team  <<

Feel free to post back to let us know how you get on chatting with them.  Any problems, we'll be here to lend a hand 🙂

Cheers,

Robbie

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

Charming!

Curious considering BT point people here for help.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

@RobbieMac 

Thank you for the helpful and positive reply! Glad to know someone understands! And yes, partner okay now.

Will give the 'Live Chat Team' a try in a while and let you know what happens.

Cheers!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

You're obviously on the Monthly Payment Plan, which has long been problematic and, given that monthly charges are generally consistent these days, is of little benefit. I would switch to monthly whole billing; if you do that while your account is in credit, the amount owed to you will be applied to subsequent monthly bills until it has been used up.

Be aware that this particular penny has now dropped with BT and they recently began to phase out quaterly billing, so you would not be able to revert.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings