Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jackndanni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Direct debit mess up

Not long had a new line with Infinity boadband put in.  Completely happy with everything apart from the confusion in paying for it!

Initially, direct debit was set up to take an amount each month which was great apart from the date it came out of my account. On 12/12/14 I rang the help line to change the date which for some reason couldn't be done unless it was changed to a monthly direct debit payment plan which we did.  From then on payments of £29 would be taken from my account 2 days after pay day which was great.  I received a confirmation email to confirm this.

On 10/01/15 I logged in to my BT account I was suprised to see my bill was £130.00 with no payment plan set up.  I immediately got on to the help line again who couldn't say why the initial agreement had not been done but that he would set up another agreement for me.  I wasn't happy but agreed because I couldn't see any other option.  An agreement was set up to debit £36.50 from my account each month.  I received a confirmation email and a direct debit form instucting my bank to pay in the post which I completed and sent on.  

Logging in to my account today I noticed that once again no payment plan has been set up on my account.  I got on to the help line again who said they could st up a whole bill direct debit plan and give me an extention to pay the £130.00 outstanding balance until March.  I tried to explain why I was so annoyed but he wouldn't listen and just kept reeling off the option above and I ended up putting the phone down on him in frustration.

If I set up a payment plan again, how do I know it's not going to fail like the previous two?  Why should I be struggling to clear an amount that has built up because of BT's incompetence?

I don't want to pay the whole quarterly bill all at once.  I want to pay each month like initially set up but at a time when my wages are paid in to cover the payments.  Not a lot to ask.  Now I don't know what to do.  

Tags (2)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Direct debit mess up

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.

They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are a UK based team of people, who take personal ownership of your problem.

Once you get a reply, make sure that you are logged into the forum, then click on their name, you will see a screen like this. Click on the link as shown below.
Please do not send them a personal message, as they may not be on duty for a long time, and your message will not be tracked properly.

For your own security, do not post any personal details, on this forum. That includes any tracking number you are give.

They will respond either by phone or e-mail within 5-6 working days.
Please use the tracked e-mail, to reply, not via the forum. Thanks

modpicture.jpg

This is the form you should see when you click on the link. If you do not see this form, then you have selected the wrong link.
When you submit the form, you will receive an enquiry number, so please keep a note of it

Image2.jpg

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Hi Jackdanni,

Welcome to the community forum. I'll be able to help you set up the Direct Debit. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
jackndanni
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Thank you so much.  I have done as asked and will wait until I hear from you.

0 Ratings