Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
skittman
Contributor
Message 1 of 15

Direct debit taken today assured 3 times it wouldn't until the 19th

Go to solution

Pretty angry about this I phoned 3 times to make sure that my direct debit would not be taken today the 9th of September, and to try to progress an order for an add on for anytime calls.

Checked online and my bank is £83 lighter due to BT.

As mentioned before I also ordered anytime call add-on 2 times and it wasn't added, which is the reason for the high bill. On the third attempt I was assured they would add it to my package and receive a call back later on in the day at 6pm, and never got rung back.

I want my money back  it was taken when I was assured it wouldn't be, I specifically asked if it would be taken on the 9th and the advisors all said it wouldn't.

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: Direct debit taken today assured 3 times it wouldn't until the 19th

Go to solution

Under the Direct Debit Guarantee you can tell your bank that you dispute the payment and they are compelled to refund it straight away. They will recover it from BT.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
skittman
Contributor
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution

Thinking of doing this but I'm a bit frightened of BT cutting my phoneline off, phoned them today, and was told they did overcharge me because of error on placement of order which they have agreed to refund £61, and that they would ring me back about a refund of the direct debit within 2 hours- 3 hours ago.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution

A moderator should be along soon to help you with this.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Hi skittman,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum. Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile under the 'about me' section to send in your details. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

0 Ratings
skittman
Contributor
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

Now 4 hours later still no phone call no news no nothing, seems I will have to get my bank to refund this money taken in error.

Going to give them one more ring for what its worth, then request a refund due to dispute with my bank

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution
it will take the forum mod team several days to reply personally to you by email or phone but they will fully investigate your problem for you
0 Ratings
skittman
Contributor
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

Don't believe this just been informed that BT took money on the 5th the 7th and the 9th, I think someone is having a laugh!

And now they have the nerve to say if I ask for refund they will restrict the line.

Fours words "see you in court"

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

If it was me I'd contact NeilO as offered, and ask the bank to refund the erroneous payments. The mods should get back to you before BT take any action, especially if you make it clear to them that you have been threatened. Up to you.

--
skittman
Contributor
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

I did contact neilo and have not as of yet received a reply.

I have been speaking to BT most of the day, I reckon I have spent in total about 15 hours on the phone over this Robot Frustrated they have agreed to refund my call charges.

In the meantime I am to request a refund from my bank and pay the owning balance for the missed direct debit on September the 19th, if I do this no restriction will be placed on my account.

I don't have much faith that this will be as we have just agreed, but I do have mobile Internet to post on the Internet to raise any concerns about any further problems.

Edit; bank account was going to return this DD anyway not enough funds lol

0 Ratings