cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Direct debit

I am trying to cancel my direct debit online. The links that bt give to do it do not allow me to cancel.

i cannot call as they are saying not to unlesd urgent.

unable to find a contact email address

so how do i cancel the direct debit?

in the meantime i have changed the direct debit bank details to an account no longer used much with insufficient funds to pay it

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: Direct debit

Contact your bank, they'll cancel it.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

As @-Richie-  says you need to tell your bank but you also need to tell BT otherwise you will get charged for a bounced direct debit

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Cancelling your direct debit only cancels your payment method, it does not cancel your package. You must  call BT to  cancel your package if that is what you want to do. 

If you do not cancel the package and only the Direct Debit you will be seen to be defaulting on the payment and will end up with a lot of problems.

If you are having problems with the payment, call BT and advise them and they will be able to make some arrangement to help or to let BT know that you need more time to pay you can do this via an automated line on 0870 240 5566 and select option 4.