Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 4

Disconnected internet and phone

Hello

I'm going to give the full story and I understand this is a customer to customer forum as well.

As a family we are moving house, so back in December I placed an order for home move and set the date for 26th January leaving and 27th January for activation. The move date changed as can often happen when moving houses, so I rang up to cancel the move as we were unsure of the new date. We were told nothing would happen and our services would continue to stay online.

Friday 26th came and our infinity and phone services were disconnected rendering our premium TV service also unavail. Spoke to customer relations who advised they have to wait until the home move order is closed. Which would be today. In the meantime I had a missed call yesterday/Saturday 28th from BT, no message left and text said will ring back on Monday 29th.

I rang up yesterday and customer service advised me that they could not inform me of anything until Monday which was a little bit pointless as to ringing me in the first place? And reiterated what the other colleague said the day before for waiting until Sunday.

Rang up today and spoke to 3 or 4 unhelpful guys somewhere not in the UK who tried to tell me that there was a fault on the Hub and tried to issue a replacement before I said forget it, don't do anything. Another tried to tell me I had to go into my test socket.

Eventually looped back into the UK and spoke to a UK agent who understood the situation and the case now lies with 'The Offline Team' and promised a call back today.

Not holding to much hope for that call back.

But I wish to clarify on a few things,

1) Would I be able to be entitled to any bill reduction in the loss of service or form of compensation in terms of inconvenience, excess mobile data etc.

2) Would it be worth going through all this hassle when I'm going to be moving out on the 9th Feb.

3) How has this been allowed to happen on the terms i had cancelled a home move order and not the cancellation of my BT services such as Infinity, Calls and TV.

I have tried to ask these questions but apparently BT are still providing a service as I can log into a BT WiFi hotspot - but there is only one which is further down the street and obviously cannot stand outside that house just trying to get emails etc.

I hope someone can look into this, if not provide some advice.

Much appreciated
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: Disconnected internet and phone

@NorthEasterner wrote:

But I wish to clarify on a few things,

1) Would I be able to be entitled to any bill reduction in the loss of service or form of compensation in terms of inconvenience, excess mobile data etc. You can claim compensation as per this link. It however does not amount to much.
http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

2) Would it be worth going through all this hassle when I'm going to be moving out on the 9th Feb. Only you can decide that.

3) How has this been allowed to happen on the terms i had cancelled a home move order and not the cancellation of my BT services such as Infinity, Calls and TV. When you order a home move you are actually canceling your service at your "old" address and requesting a "new" service at your new address hence why your services were stopped. Obviously your request to cancel the home move was not actioned by BT and the original home move request went through.

I have tried to ask these questions but apparently BT are still providing a service as I can log into a BT WiFi hotspot - but there is only one which is further down the street and obviously cannot stand outside that house just trying to get emails etc. BT can not class your access to BTWifi as providing a service. If you did not live near a BTWifi hotspot, which are supplied by BT customers, you would not even have that.

I hope someone can look into this, if not provide some advice. 

Much appreciated

0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 4

Thank you for your reply.

I will definitely be looking into sorting out some downtime credit. Although no fault of the employees on the phone it does seem a strange way of processing such a downtime and getting back on line. But I don't run an ISP so I couldn't say. I really so expect a phone call by 9pm as promised tonight - maybe wishful thinking.

Thanks
0 Ratings
NorthEasterner
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

0 Ratings