Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
danall2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 11

Disgrace! TV due to go live today...

Hi,

So recently i have signed up with BT for TV, phone and broadband. I was due to have the TV come and be installed today and as far as i was awear this was happening between 9am and 12pm. 12m has come and gone and i have been told that no engineer will not visit today. Should never have moved from sky...am i within my rights to move back to sky? I have been told on the phone the order is rejected but failed to call me, email me or text me!

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 11

Re: Disgrace! TV due to go live today...

Hi - have you paid for installation of YouView? I thought they would just send you the YouView box in the post as I believe it's just a self-install - except if it is an Ultra HD box.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/43588/~/set-up-and-connect-your-youview-box-from-bt-t...

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/13856

0 Ratings
danall2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 11

It is an Ultra HD box, but i have not added BT Sports to the account??

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 11

Ah - you just updated to say your order was rejected so my reply wouldn't help you in this case.

0 Ratings
danall2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 11

Yes sorry, i was just told that on the phone so thought i would update it. I am not sure why it was rejected or what happened as no one knows and my line speed is currently 62mbps.

Dan

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 11

Ah - so your infinity service has gone live and it's just the TV part of your order that hasn't worked?

I guess you'll have to call them again to get this fixed for you.

0 Ratings
Paulsky
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 11

It's disgusting to be told a service/install would be happening on a certain day/time then, when it doesn't and you chase it up, it's like no, not today, just like that!!!!!! I left Sky tv, broadband and phone to join BT. Day the BT broadband was suppose to go live I had a text at 20.00 saying it'll be another week!!!! Just like that, a week!!!!! Recently went back to Sky for the tv. Engineer booked for between 12.00-17.00, got a text at 8.00 telling me he'd be here between 13.00-15.00. He arrived at 13.15. That's, as I've learned the hard way, the difference between a professional outfit and a bunch of chancers.
0 Ratings
danall2
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 11

Same... I have spent three hours today being pushed back and forth and no real help. I have spoke to Sky who reactivated my sky service with 50% off for 12 months and £50 credit on the bill. I am just about to place an order for the Internet and phone to move over as well... So all in all been with bt for a day and it was a shock the poor level of service received!! Will NEVER sign up for bt again!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 9 of 11

As this is an order isue I'm moving this thread to the relevant forum and alerting mods to it.

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Hi @danall2,

I am really sorry to hear that the engineer didn't arrive as expected today. I would like to take a look at your account to see what has gone wrong. Please could you send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile?

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings