cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
corh5
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Disgraceful and Appalling customer service - 3 hours on hold to BT support and still not through

Very unhappy new customer who's telephone and broadband went live today (15th August).

Plugged my newly received home hub 4 in this evening to find setup a breeze, however after approximately 30 minutes lost WiFi connection to discover the router was dead, no power, no lights, tried switching off on, different power socket, pressing reset buttons etc to no avail, the unit is well and truly dead.

OK, these things happen, but what is totally unacceptable is then to spend the next 3 hours trying to get through to technical support, there is no excuse for being on hold for that long, absolutely shocking customer service, the worst I've ever experienced in waiting for a company to answer, eventually gave up after well over 3 hours.

Completely fed up and regret moving back to BT, want to cancel and get a full refund on the money I paid up front, wish I had stayed with sky.

Will be forced to try again tomorrow. Wish I had Warren Buckley's address as I would be telling him want I think of his customer service.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
atsang
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 7

Re: Disgraceful and Appalling customer service - 3 hours on hold to BT support and still not through

I was put on hold for 57 mins, then someone picked up, told me I need to speak to another department, and she put me back to the f***ing queue! 

Use android and WeQ4U app, let the app does the waiting.

BTW, are you aware that by using BT Homehub, you are actually SHARING your internet as a public WiFi? It will show 2 other wifi names: BTWiFi & BTWiFi-Fon. I bet you didn't know you agreed to that when you sign up to BT, did you?

Do not use the BT homehub if you dont want your internet to be shared.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

Re: Disgraceful and Appalling customer service - 3 hours on hold to BT support and still not through

Why wouldn't he know about BTWifi & BTWifi Fon, it is clearly shown on the package details when you purchase it, clearly shown on the advert about the package and is clearly shown on the Terms and Conditions. You would only not know if you never read any of them which I'm sure will not be the case because who in their right mind would enter into an 12 or 18 month contract without reading them.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Hi Corh5

Sorry for the problems you had today with your new service.

Send us an email using the contact us form in my profile you will find this form in the section 'About Me'.

Thanks

Stuart

Community ModeratorStuartH
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 7

@atsang wrote:

BTW, are you aware that by using BT Homehub, you are actually SHARING your internet as a public WiFi? It will show 2 other wifi names: BTWiFi & BTWiFi-Fon. I bet you didn't know you agreed to that when you sign up to BT, did you?

Do not use the BT homehub if you dont want your internet to be shared.

It's pretty clear from the description of BTWiFi on the web site how it works.  If you don't like it, go to the BTWiFi web site and opt out.  It can take a while for the message to get through to the Home Hub to turn the service off.

Bear in mind that if you do that, you will be blocked from logging in to anyone else's Home Hubs using BTWiFi.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
atsang
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 7

that doesnt prevent me from using my own Wifi equipments, whilst keeping my sharing on. plus the fact that there are more than 10 BTWifi around me...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

@atsang wrote:

that doesnt prevent me from using my own Wifi equipments, whilst keeping my sharing on. plus the fact that there are more than 10 BTWifi around me...

That's right, if you use your own router you don't broadcast BTWifi but you can still use BTWifi hotspots when out and about but if you opt out of BTWifi you can't use it, so what's your point? The OP never even mentioned or complained about BTWifi.

0 Ratings