cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noel1
Message 11 of 22

Re: Disgusted with BT - Delay on install, told less than one working day before

Hi there! 

It is really sad that you are going through so much hell with BT. This is the year 2015 and it seems like they are living in the stone ages when it comes to installations. 

I am an ex customer and I can safely say that I will NEVER return to BT. They let me down time after time and it seemed that the staff just couldnt keep appointments. 

I feel for you and I wouldnt like to go through what your going through now. I almost lost my job because of BT. My boss assumed I was messing them around by not turning up for work 3 days in a row and then again a week later because I was waiting on a mere 20 minute installation to take place!

I had to join this forum to tell you to keep on going and if you need any help with any presentations for the media / authorities then let me know because i have also recorded calls (i had no choice because i almost lost my job!!).

They told me many lies just to get me off the phone and i think those people who lie through there teeth at BT should be fired immediately. Dont they realise that we can communicate our issues we have with them online and expose the lies? I started a thread on y-tube.... search for lies and corruption in telecomms (you may be familiar with the voices you hear from BT) 

I think you have a very strong case... I will be more than happy to help you along your way for justice! good luck! Noel  

0 Ratings
toml1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 22

Surprise, surprise BT have just cancelled this appointment too. So that is four appointments now cancelled, and four days of lost work!

On the phone to India call centre now.

Must say it is convienient how the mods / BT staff have avoided this thread, really shows the lack of customer service.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 22

the mods did post and you completed the contact us email.  however after completing the email you join a queue of other customers waiting for assistance.  as everyone thinks their problem should get priority the mods deal with the email in order of receipt so it can take 3/5 working days for mods to get back to you. 

once they contact you they will take personal responsibility for your problem until fixed

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
toml1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 22

And as I already said, i had emailed and had a call from someone saying they would personally take care of this.

I haven't heard from them since, that was at the end of March when the first appointment was cancelled, great customer service again!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 22

so mods have not been back to you since first contact - I have asked them to update you

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 16 of 22

Hi toml1,

Thanks for posting. Sorry there's been delay in getting this sorted. I can see your case is in hand with the line plant team who are due to call you back tomorrow to let you know how the order is progressing.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
toml1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 22

Hi David,

The guy in the Indian call centre promised me a call back from a manager by 2pm this afternoon, another failed promise from BT.

I just want this sorted out one way or another, this has cost me over £400 in lost work now for all the time I have had to take off and been told at the last minute that the install can't happen, as has been too late to re-arrange jobs at my end. The way BT have dealt with this and have no respect for sticking to what they say is appalling. I have now lost out on more money than the entire contract with BT will cost me.

I have no idea why it shows a call for tomorrow as was promised a call by 2pm today by a manager that hasn't happened. I understand one appointment being cancelled but not four appointments is just a total joke!

0 Ratings
toml1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 18 of 22

They finally came and connected the phone line on the 22nd April, however as this is BT that isn't the end of it!

BB and TV were meant to be active by midnight that day, however they weren't called up on Thursday and they said it would be in the next day, called up Friday and was told it would be the middle of next week. Had a text message this morning saying an engineer is due on 6th May, what? That is 6 weeks after this was all meant to be installed, and two weeks after the phone line was connected.

BT have been an absolute joke from start to finish, and refuse to do anything to make things better.

I am now looking at taking them to court for wasting my time and loss of earnings now totaling over £500, as well as having incured axtra costs and hours spent on the phone out of my working day.

BT have just told me on the phone if i wanted to stop all this now they would still hold me to the contract, it is a bit rich to take the high ground with me as they haven't stuck to anything they have said and I only have one service connected out of the three I have paid for. Legally this is complete rubbish as they are not providing the service I have paid for and have not stuck to there own terms!

NOTHING BT says it will do happens and they need to learn some respect for customers.

Will be putting a strong email of complaint o the CEO Gavin Patterson this afternoon as well as sending a complete breakdown of events to Ofcom and Watchdog.

My advice to anyone who values there time and earning money is never go with BT!

Hopefully the CEO will be able to offer the right level of compensation and understand that BT have done nothing but mess me about from the start and lie to me and I can't wait any longer and nor am I prepared to, because how many chances are you meant to give someone before you say enough is enough!

Five failed appointments, eventually turn up, have 1 out of 3 services then lied to that they would be actice within 24hrs, then turns out will be at least another 2 weeks! No BT, you don;t treat customers like that and I will be claiming every penny you have cost me in taking time off and time on the phone being lied to, and if you want to hold me to a contract I will calim the cost of that back!

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 22

Hi tom1,

I'm truly sorry for the delay and the inconvenience this has caused you. I can see your case handler is working with our suppliers to try and get your services activated and they are due to call you tomorrow with a the latest update.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
toml1
Aspiring Contributor
Message 20 of 22

Sorry, not good enough, have had enough now of being messed about, BT have had too many chances already.

I don't believe anything any of you say, especially regarding calling me back, for example:

Was promised a call on Friday, guess what? Didn't happen, just a text saying sorry we missed you. You didn't even try to call, so how did you miss me. Called up, complained about this and was then promised a call yesterday (Saturday), guess what? No phone call. This morning had a text out the blue saying your engineer will be with you on 6th May, 8am - 1pm.

The funny thing is, is that you say suppliers? What I order with BT, if you say suppliers, you mean the self employed workers for BT that give you these loop holes to claim 'problem wth our supplers'

Well I have a problem in my supplier, BT, in that they don't do what they are paid to do and lie, and in fact don't do anything at tall!

Sorry to say I will be taking leagal action against this joke of a company, BT can be called nothing but a joke really as they don't seem to understand what customer service is or anytyhing about providing a service. Hopefully the CEO will see sense and at least try and put things right and realise how useless BT is as a company.

0 Ratings