Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Hunnie85
Beginner
Message 1 of 14

Disgusting service

To whom it may concern.

I would like to take the opportunity to inform you just how the company of which you are an employee, treats its customers.

Before I begin I would like to like you to take into consideration that before this particular occurrence my father had been a loyal BT customer for many years. We switched our service when we discovered, to our horror that you were overcharging us.

I stupidly reinstated the phone service some two years ago when during the 14 day initiation period I was sent a bill for a ludicrous amount for calls I hadn't made. This is where the nightmare began, after being on the phone on hold for what turned out to be hours. The amount of people in India who understood what I was saying but were in no position of authority to do anything, or there was that very annoying fact that everything that I had said had been understood but misinterpreted and I was asked if what they had repeated to me was correct? The answer was no every time. There were managers that put phones down on me and never called back. After that whole ordeal I finally got reimbursed the balance, and was so dissatisfied that I cancelled everything to do with BT. One of your colleagues visited my property to see if there was anything he could do to secure my custom again. The answer was NO. That was the end of that.

Recently I saw your BT infinity advert and assumed you had changed your deceiving ways and decided to sign up. This is now the cause of all the problems that I have been experiencing to date. Upon taking out the contract I was clearly fooled into believing that if as a company BT weren't providing me with what they had promised in terms of speed and connectivity that I could cancel without being liable to any charges. That was a lie. I am STILL fighting to cancel my contract without any pending charges. I am not receiving the speed that my line is capable of. I'm experiencing weak connectivity literally sitting next to where the hub is. My connection keeps dropping and I was being made to believe that I am getting 5mpbs speed which was another lie as the engineer confirmed my suspicion of a 2mbps connection. What a lot of nonsense. I am a computer scientist and have studied telecommunications and enterprise networks as part of my masters, in no shape or form am I stupid, and I am more accustomed to jargon than anybody working in your technical help team in India. Not only was I being spoken to like an idiot but I was being taken for one even after telling them my profession. I was being made to go through numerous diagnostics when I had already changed many wireless channels, I had bought and replaced all the adsl filters. I had kept the signal contained and I also followed the trouble shooting steps. I eventually lost my calmness and insisted for somebody to check the log and see just how many times I was made to repeat this. I was then told that as I was within the stabilisation period that I should wait and then if I still had issues with the connection I would be free to cancel without charges. That was another lie. Might I also add that within seven days I called in seven times which is wasting my time. If you are not providing a service why should I chase after you to ensure you provide it? That's not the customers job. But it had to be done due to your negligent staff.

After the stabilisation period was over, I called in and this time was put through to the technical team transferred from the customer options team, who stated with confidence that if anybody had the authority to cancel it was the technical team. I then spoke to a few agents on seperate days trying to get the issue rectified. Eventually I asked for one agent to deal with my request as I had to keep reiterating the issue and it was being misinterpreted - no surprise there. I was put through to A (removed). After venting my frustration of how I have been badly mistreated by BT he insisted I give him a chance to look into this and pass this to wholesale or level 2 I reluctantly after much persuasion from him, I gave him 48 hours and he told me that his department does not have the authority to cancel contracts without charges and that if anyone does its wholesale or level 2. Yet again I was given inaccurate information by customer options and now technical and would you question my frustration? I was promised a call back for 1pm in 48 hours time. The call back did not happen, and for the umpteenth time I was on the phone to BT. I spoke to a customer options team manageress and a technical team manager. Both of who did nothing but repeat the same line of 'give it time' I run a small business from home and by this time was making loss after loss due to this unprofessional unreliable absolutely disgraceful service. I eventually got the call back from A at 5pm. He advised that the error was not passed on and more time had to be given. At this point I was completely and utterly infuriated. Why had the initial promise of 48 hours not been kept? I don't have the luxury of time especially when making losses instead of profit from my home business. Absolutely appalled I had no choice but to give him one more shot. The result had come back with errors on the line. At this point a lot of to-ing and fro-ing went on. Eventually. After speaking to many more people and now the wholesale team I was told for a third time that it now had to go to an engineer who had the authority to write off the contract without pending charges which is not true - I asked the engineer. So what actually is the deal here? By this conversation I had completely lost faith in BT and definitely could come to the conclusion that every person that I spoke to had lied to me. Is this how you treat your customers? I would urge you to all consider customer service training if this is the approach you take. BT certainly need to keep promises, be honest, and also know a thing or two about service recovery. There is nothing British about BT, from where I'm standing I see dishonest, looting, and an unreliable company who I will never come back to by choice. I believe you have a lot of making up to do. In a single month you have driven me to despair and ultimate frustration. As a pregnant woman I do not need this surge in my body to add to my complications. I also double up and work for an extremely large organisation which has a forum accessible to thousands of employees and I will certainly be writing about my experience with you so nobody else makes the grave mistake that I did.

The engineer informed me it was your mistake. The problem on the line was caused by a fault in the 'cabinet' and it had nothing to do with my alarm system or wiring. I would request that after reading this somebody, somewhere would genuinely put their hand up and accept the sheer fact that I have been completely mistreated. I would like a refund of the broadband fee and line rental for my previous bill, all charges through till now, and also would appreciate if somebody were able to be professional enough to accept authority in being able to end my contract without further charges. I no longer wish to be a customer for the circus style business you run which obviously has no focus on putting the customer at the heart of your business.

Please check the notes relating to this issue on my account. I would very much appreciate if this were to be taken seriously and would warrant a detailed genuine response, instead of the automated replies that you are so well known for. I would have never expected such bad handling by a big business. If not dealt with in a satisfactory manner I have no option but to take this up with ofcom.
13 REPLIES 13
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: Disgusting service

Welcome to this forum.
This is a customer to customer forum only, where forum members, who are only BT customers, can help each other with BT Retail products and services.

Anything you post here does not go to BT. Although the forum is moderated by BT, not all posts are read.

If you would like to contact one of the UK based BT Care Team who moderate this forum, they should be able to help you.

They can be contacted using this link BT Care Team

They normally respond by phone or e-mail, within three working days, however you should get an immediate confirmation, with a tracking number.

0 Ratings
daddybash
Beginner
Message 3 of 14

I can understand how you feel and after suffering the same problems and ridculous so called customer service for the last 4-5 years have decided to switch supplier. This is after more than 40 years with BT/GPO. Customer loyalty and satisfaction is no longer a consideration for BT and I feel they should change the name as they do not now represent anything I consider to be British.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

daddybash,

You were offered help on this thread.

http://community.bt.com/t5/Phones/Lousy-phone-service/m-p/770130

0 Ratings
Hunnie85
Beginner
Message 5 of 14

@keith. No surprises there. In fact in Mr buckleys page it asks for all problems to go on this forum. Another inconsistency, when will you STOP?
0 Ratings
Hunnie85
Beginner
Message 6 of 14

Being asian myself but nothing frustrates me more than Indian call centres. They do not listen, they repeat stuff back to you which is all wrong. I hate it.
0 Ratings
Hunnie85
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

I was supposed to have had a reply by the community manager. When I went to view it the message no longer exists. This is turning out to be a bigger JOKE than i had EVER anticipated.
0 Ratings
ach2
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 14

Hello Hunnie85,

You have only been posting on the forum since yesterday, and as Keith said in his reply the mods normally take up to 3 working days to reply.

If you did complete the'contact mods' form you would have received a reference number on your screen immediately that the form was sent. Even if your message is now missing, email/pm/contact the mods again and quote that reference number because the information will be on file.

If you have contacted the mods in any other way, or inadvertently not completed the form correctly just use the link in Keiths message to contact them again.

0 Ratings
Hunnie85
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Why must I yet again complete forms and contact BT care? Going through the ordeal I have it's now up to you to look into my case and offer me a cancellation of contract without charges. I am not interested in anything else. My ref is : xxxxxx-xxxxxx

0 Ratings
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 10 of 14

Hi Hunnie85,

The @BTCare twitter team have confirmed they have picked this up and will deal with this.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Community ModeratorStephanie
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings