Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Albedo
Message 1 of 8

Divorce

Go to solution

Hey all

I'm just wondering if any of you fine folks out there could throw a bit of advice my way.
You see, I'm in what some of you might call, a bit of a dilema.
Me and the Mrs have recently seperated and she was the main account holder, she moved out a few weeks ago and promised me that she would sort things out from her end. I sent her all the relevant details (links) that she needed to get the ball rolling so to speak.
The problem is, I don't think she went ahead with the "Seperating from a partner" option. I do know that she has kept the original email address used but has changed the password (which she's fully entitled to do), and that because we are currently not on speaking terms, I (under GDPR and other privacy rules and laws) can't speak to customer services about it.

So the question is, where does that leave me? Everything regarding the account is her responsibility, but it leaves me with the very real danger of losing the internet and phone. I can't speak to customer services about it because they will just say I'm not the account holder and I no longer know any of the answers to the security questions.

I really don't want to wake up one morning to find that everythings stopped working because she's decided to just cancel the account.

So if there's any advice anyone could offer me, I would be really grateful.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: Divorce

Go to solution

Welcome to this user forum.

It would be best if you had official advice from a BT Employee.

I have asked a moderator to provide assistance, they will post an invite on this thread.
They are the only BT employees on this forum, and are based in the UK.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Albedo  and welcome to the community,

I’m really sorry you’re having problems. I think the best way forward would be to contact our sales desk on 150 and place an order for a working line takeover. Alternatively you could place the order online , there are always special online new customer offers available.

The only obvious problem might be if your ex partner hasn’t ordered a home move then once your order is place any held to term contract charges would be her responsibility.

I hope that helps.

Cheers

David

Albedo
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you for the advice David, will browse the online order section as I have essential tremor which makes it hard to speak at times.

Will post any updates on here to let you all know how things went.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution
No problem @Albedo.

Let me know how you get on with it.

Cheers

David
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Albedo
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Hi David,

Everythings good to go and I'll be taking over the line on the 12th of April. Thank you so much for the helpful advice.

Regards

Albedo

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Albedo  thanks for the update and glad to hear you have got this sorted now.

Cheers
John

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

@Albedowrote:

Thank you for the advice David, will browse the online order section as I have essential tremor which makes it hard to speak at times.

@Albedoyou could consider looking at www.bt.com/includingyou under the 'Speech & Language' section, that way advisors will be aware of any impairments, BT advisors are trained to understand and be sensitive to customers needs, if you register then a popup will appear on screen to advisors when they enter your account, hopefully it will put your mind at ease should you ever have the need to call 🙂