cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
tum_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

Do BT ever "persuade" their customers from leaving?

Go to solution

Hi All,

I've finally made up my mind to leave BT for a much cheaper broadband deal with their competitor.

I've been with BT since broadband was introduced in the UK, so I don't actually know what happens when I initiate the switch. Shall I expect BT to make an offer to keep me as a customer (as it sometimes happens with mobile providers) or is it something completely unheard of?

The reason I'm asking is that the only thing I'm not happy with is the price (I have Superfast Fibre 2 Unlimited), if there were any possibility to cut it from £59 down to ~£30, I'd rather stay, to be honest, I'm not so keen changing things unless it becomes necessary. [The competitor does not charge for the Line, which I don't actually use for the phone calls, it's all mobile now].

Cheers,

tum_

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: Do BT ever "persuade" their customers from leaving?

Go to solution

Phone 0800.800.030 and you should be able to negotiate a better deal.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

using the number supplied by @gg30340 you should be able to negotiate a cheaper deal that your renewal cost but not as low as the figure you quote for being a new customer to another ISP  new ISP customers always get better deals and cheapest way for a broadband package is to switch ISP everytime you contract comes to an end

just make sure your street cabinet is still accepting orders for FTTC otherwise you will lose your fibre connection and join the waiting list

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
tum_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

>just make sure your street cabinet is still accepting orders for FTTC

Hmm, how am I supposed to do that? And wouldn't "the other provider" just re-use the existing line?

Their Post Code+Phone Number check shows that Fibre broadband is available for me.

I'll try calling them to see what they can offer, anyway...

tum_

0 Ratings
tum_
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Called BT and negotiated a better price, £6 less than I would have if I'd switched to competitor but I accepted the offer as this saves me time and hassle.

Thanks for your help,
tum_
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

to check availability enter phone number here   https://www.dslchecker.bt.com/adsl/adslchecker.welcome

when you change providers your existing connection is terminated not transferred so should there be a waiting list on your street cabinet then when your connection is terminated it is immediately given to top of waiting list and if no further connections available you will join the waiting list

As you have negotiated a better deal using phone number supplied that is a job well done for small amount of effort

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.