was told the complaint was closed!, it could not be reopened neither

could I discuss it. Is this a complaints procedure? I think I will

have to complain to the regulator unless anyone knows how you are

supposed to complain.I do not know how according to their own code how

they resolve iissues to customers satisfactrion if they don'ask the

customer first and just close the call automatically

Distinguished Sage

Re: Do BT have a complaints procedure

Hi sorry you are having problems with your service this link gives you contact numbers http://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=ImNhdD0yNzAyXzI3MDR8bHZsPTIi also you have to have gone through a full complaints procedure giving BT 8 weeks to resolve the problems before the regulator wil become involved

you can also contact bt this way
BT Correspondence Centre
Providence Row
Durham
DH98 1BT

Please include your phone number, email address and account number. We'll try to reply within 10 days. (If you email us we can normally respond within two working days.)

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.

Thanks for the help the link was where I placed my complaint originally my problem is what happens after that. You get an email two days later and poof you complaint magically disappears whether you agree or not, thats not right I realise I have to giveBT 8 weeks to resolve and from what I've seen they'll need all of that. The email/phone option seems deeply flawed so I think you are right I will do it the old fashiioned way and write aletter, thanks.

Community Manager

Hi kid992,

Welcome to the forum.

You can contact us (the forum mods) directly by using our "Contact us" link, it'll go directly to our email queue.

You can get the link by clicking on my username (it's under "About me", top-left of the page) and one of us will get back to you.

Thanks,

Stephanie
Stephanie
BTCare Community Manager

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post. If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Aspiring Expert

[ Edited ]

Give you an idea of how BT complaints procedure works.  I have been through their procedure, it took two letters sent to them, as they said they had not received the first one.  Then after eight weeks, they wrote back, no mention of what the main complaint but more on the attached prove that I supplied to back up my complaint.  I received a deadlock letter.  So next step was to contact Otello who took the complaint over.  This cuased even more problems, in that after about five months, a manager in the UK put a note on my account, stating that in future if I rang up for tech support, the advicer had to tell me to ring the ombudsman to get support.  This went on until I got the final discission from the Ombudsman and accepted it.  You will find that the Ombudsman will use within his letter a lot of the same words as BT staff say are BT policy and will only suggest that BT write to you and at the most will have to pay compensation of £50.00.  Also they talk in present tence and not about what was going on at the time that you made the complaint.

Hope this helps.

Expert

Dians post missed a step.

As a customer you are perfectly entitled to raise your complaint with the chairmans office and a search on google will tell anyone how to do that (I can't post the details or the post will get moderated or deleted as had been done before).

Personally this tends to be the most fruitful method of getting someone to actually try and resolve the issue but you should allow the moderators here to have a crack at it first since most usual problems they can deal with.

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If my post was helpful then please click on the Ratings star on the left-hand side If the the reply answers your question fully then please select ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Aspiring Expert

Sorry I forgot to mention that I did raise the complaint with Ian Livingston, all he did was to pass it to the same department that was in the centre of the complaint who just tried to fob me off.  That is why I followed BT complaints procedere and wrote to the correspondance centre.  Then the Ombudsman.  By the way if at any time you feel that you need a copy of your notes held by BT on their system it will cost you £40.00.  When dealing with the Ombudsman you will not get to see the actual reply from BT, this will cost you £10.00.  So that they can print it off from their system and post it to you.  Finally the Ombudsman will give you a choice to accept or reject his disission, if you reject, you will have to find an alternative avenue to go down, which as far as I know is taking BT to court at youre own expence, until the case is found in youre favour, doubtful that would happen.

So yet again sorry if anyone thought I had jumped the gun.

Just here trying to help.

Beginner

Quotation from a page within moneysupermarket.com

"Every reputable broadband provider will have an official complaints procedure and many of the larger broadband providers have a department dedicated to it."

So, after four separate requests, how do i get hold of the bt procedure? As i forsee no chance of a reasonable outcome to my problem, i want to know how to move towards a "deadlock letter"; structure of complaints, reasonable turnaround of responses, timings, etc.

Can anybody on here offer advice please? 

Beginner

Hi John

Not sure if your are independent or BT, but not that it should really matter. I am trying to establish precisely what the BT complaint procedure is; they seem very reluctant to even discuss this, let alone provide a copy. Are you able to advise if the 8 week period commences with the first complaint, and what form that complaint has to be in, letter, email or phone call?

Thanks in anticipation

Gary

Distinguished Sage

This is a customer to customer self help forum the only BT employees are the forum moderators you have two choices write to the addressi posted or take up the moderators offer which you can contact via the contact us link in there profiles

john46 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.