cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 15

Re: Do I need to return my YouView box?

I’ve had a similar email the other day as soon as i got upgraded to the 4K pack. Nowhere in the email does it point blank say i need to return it nor does it mention a charge. nethertheless, the request is initiated on basis of “promotion change” and there’s a notice buried away on my now closed case for the 4k upgrade/new kit. saying i have a month to return it and a date.

Ive been with bt 3 years. 16 months ago i had a replacement 1080p box because the first one was faulty. Because if this i’ll be calling up tomorrow to categorically have them confirm i don’t owe them a box & leave a note on my account to cover myself. i’ve paid BT for my new 4k box so it’s definitely not a swap deal or similar. very confusing and without this forum, i wouldnt have known i own the box.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 12 of 15

Hi Daniel's

Thanks for the info.  My 1st generation  Youview box has completely died. BT are sending a replacement,  free of charge to replace  the one I paid for years ago as I'm still in contract.

I wont return the box as I will spend time with my grandkids taking it apart,  they enjoy the techy sort of stuff and then I'll dispose of the box responsibly at our local recycling centre.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 13 of 15

Hiya Banksie. I’m in the same situation and plan to keep hold of the broken box also. Did you hear anything back after you decided to do this?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 14 of 15

Hi Gazzy 360,
Heard nothing back but posts in this community support view that the box is yours cos you paid for it. Implication that you must return it is ambiguous and related to BT obligations to dispose of electrical goods responsibly under Waste Electrical items directive. Mine has been dismantled by my grandkids and then disposed responsibly at council recycling centre. Hope this helps.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 15 of 15

Thanks for getting back to me. I appreciate the information 🙂
0 Ratings