cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 20

Does BT actually work!!!

I'm a new customer to BT. Well a customer like many other customers having installation problems along with many other painstakingly annoying quarrels. As I've seen from many people on this forum they have problems with bills, bad customer service, ridiculously long installation times. Plainly obvious scripted stonewalls from customer services agents, missed engineer appointments, missed call backs, late call backs and many other things.
All I want to know is their light at the end of the tunnel or should I cut my losses and go with another provider? I'm really not filled with confidence From what I've read.
0 Ratings
19 REPLIES 19
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 20

Re: Does BT actually work!!!

BT have over 6 million customers. The ones who post on a forum, as you have, generally do so because they have a problem. Very few people come to a forum to say that everything is rosy and BT are great.

While it is annoying and understandably a frustrating experience when things do not go right I don't think BT do it deliberately.

There is no doubt that BT Customer Service could be improved by such things as better communication with the customer when things do go wrong and a better standard of training for their front line help desk amongst other things, which would go some way to taking the annoyance and frustration out of the customers experience.

Personally I have had only one or two problems during my many many years with BT and these problems were sorted out very quickly when I contacted customer services so it is not always bad.

Before you make up your mind which ISP to go with perhaps you should look onto the other ISP's forums to see what is going on there. I suspect you will find the same moans and groans as on this forum.

Message 3 of 20

Haha which customer service desk are you sat at? because I've spent 8 days of constants calls to customer services. 2 missed engineer appointments. 1 missed call back. 1 late call back. Senior customer service agents that can do about as much as my boot when it comes to sorting out telecommunications faults. A technical team that can do about as much as my other boot. I've had a bill for £88.04 when it should only be around £46 not to mention that I still haven't had any service since my install date.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 20

Sorry, I never realised you just wanted a rant. If I'd known that I wouldn't have posted.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 20

Well from the first post you could see I was already ranting. But then to pretty much brown nose BT is a joke if you ask me. This is meant to be a customer to customer forum but you've been registered to this forum since October 2012 and posted over 13,000 posts that's over 30 posts a day if my math is round about right. I think BT is trying to pull the wool over customers eyes. But your just a happy customer right ??
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 20

Hi deano21101991,

gg30340 is BT customer like you and does not work for BT.

I am really sorry to hear that you have been left without service. I would like to take a look at your order to see why its been delayed. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 7 of 20

Valid People that don't live on this forum please!!! If people actually have had a good experience and feel I should stay with BT please post
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 20

As has been pointed out I am a BT customer and while not brown nosing BT I have had no problems with them but I guess in your eyes I am not allowed to say that because you have had problems therefore there can not be any happy customers.

Oh and your arithmetic is wrong, try again and just to show I am not as rude or angry as you I do hope you get your problem sorted out.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 20

Haha sorry paddy b I'm not going to be silenced into a private chat so it looks as if BT are doing something. To be honest, I don't need your help, I know what the problem is with my service I've known from day one it's trying to get someone to sort it now. Wow I think if after 8 days of phone calls to Bangalore and I DIDN'T know what the problem was, I'd be pretty tempted to drive my car in to the Box at the end of my street. So unless your an engineer that can come out and fix my line for me then go away!!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 20

Not sure jf you have come to the forum in the hope of getting problem fixed without the frustrating calls to India but assuming you have then accept the forum mod offer of assistance and get your problem fixed. If you have read through some of the posts then you will see the number of customers that mods help

if you just want to rant then feel free just it will not help fix your problem - completing mod email will. Your choice

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.