cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DISJT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

Does BT employ ANYONE who isn't completely incompetent or a liar?

I attempted to order BT (broadband /calls/TV ) via the BT website on Dec 30th but website kept freezing and wouldn't complete the order so I phoned instead. I specifically asked about the £100 "sainsburys vouchers" online promotion and was told not to worry, that the phone operator could sort that. (1st LIE) Completed my order and asked again about the vouchers and was then told I DIDN'T"T qualify as I'd ordered by phone. Explained that it wasn't possible to order online due to website freezing and was advised to call the online helpline. Spent rest of the day, and part of following day, being sent from online help to phone help and vice versa without ever getting anywhere. Was eventually advised to cancel the order via phone and to re-order 48 hours later via the website that doesn't work. So on 31st I phoned and cancelled my order and requested a refund of my £55 installation cost. Was assured that this was completed (2ND LIE) and received 3 emails confirming I had cancelled phone/ TV/ broadband on 31st Dec. 

Sat 4th Jan, received a letter saying BT were setting up a direct debit. Immediately phoned BT and was told the letter was automated and not to worry, my services had been cancelled and I'd receive a refund. (48 hours to process and upto a week to receive)  3RD LIE.

Fri 10th Jan, Still no refund. Phone BT, was on hold for 30 mins and eventually told order HADN'T been fully cancelled initially but that they would do it immediately and issue refund. 4TH LIE. 

FRI 18th Jan, Still no refund. Phone BT who took 20 mins to answer the phone. 1hour and 14 mins total call duration. 5 different operators, long delays on hold and eventually told... Order STILL hadn't been fully cancelled. That the computer wasn't allowing it to be cancelled (which means everyone had lied to me upto this point)  and the matter would be escalated to be sorted. I should receive a text confirming refund in 48 hours. LIE NUMBER 5!!

SAT 19TH Jan, Noticed BT had set up a direct debit request with my bank. Cancelled at bank. 

MON 20th Jan, still no refund. No text. Filed out online complaint for the 3rd time. Got automated reply saying someone would be in touch in 24 hours or 48 hours if busy.  LIE NUMBER 6!!!

THURS 23RD JAN. NO REFUND. NO TEXT. NO REPLY. 

I've spent hours and a small fortune on the phone. (Last call alone was £7.41 and call before was from a mobile so will be considerably more) Wasted time filling out online complaints that get ignored. 

I have however received 4 emails asking me to activate my "BT ID" for a service I cancelled on 31st DEC. 

So my questions are...

1) Does BT employ ANYONE who isn't completely incompetent or a liar?

2) Who do I need to contact to actually get my money refunded and compensation for phone calls and considerable time spent chasing your inept staff?

If this is the way you treat potential new customers, then I dread to think what kind of service your existing customer receive.

I'm only grateful I've found out now how appallingly bad BT are and not 1 month into an 18 month contract.

At this point I would NEVER contemplate EVER joining BT and would advise everyone to look elsewhere.  

0 Ratings
17 REPLIES 17
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 18

Re: Does BT employ ANYONE who isn't completely incompetent or a liar?

This is a BT residential customer to customer forum. Your post does not go to BT.

In reply to your question

1) No matter what answer you get how would you know if it was truthful or not so the answer would be irrelevant.

2) See this link for compensation

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/9394/~/customer-service-guarantee

and this one about complaints

https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact#h=eyJzdGVwMCI6ImNvbnRhY3RJdGVtTGluazU2NDIiLCJzdGVwSWR4IjowfQ..

0 Ratings
Highlighted
DISJT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 18

Thanks for the reply. I've already wrote to the linked "complaints and compliments" section 3 times and not received a single non automated reply. I've filled out customer satisfaction and internet feedback forms without reply. 

Your link for compensation only appears to apply to financial loss due to phoneline being inactive. (doesn't apply to me)  Plus BT wont even pay me back MY money, so I doubt they're going to be anymore forth coming with their own money. 

My only choice appears to be to start legal proceedings to recoup my money and to report them to my bank / police for attempting to remove further unauthorised funds via direct debit. 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 18

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this post.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 18

Deleted by poster.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
Community Manager
Community Manager
Message 6 of 18

Hi DISJT,

Thanks for the post and welcome to the forum.  I am extremely sorry for how badly this has been handled.  I can definitely sort this out for you once and for all.

Can you please drop me an email.  I will need any order reference or account number that you may have been provided with or your full address, just so that I can track this on my system.  You will find my contact link under the 'About me' section of profile, just click on my username (SeanD)

Cheers

Sean

Community ManagerSeanD
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
PlenoOrgano
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

I have had a similar experience (see constant lies.......) Unfortunately, I am tied into their exorbitant charges but I agree, they have to lie constantly. I also have to say that the people who moderate this forum are only mere employees, unlike other telecomm companies (TalkTalk) for example, where their forum mods work directly under their chief executive, and do have the authority to sort things properly and promptly.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 18

@PlenoOrgano wrote:

I have had a similar experience (see constant lies.......) Unfortunately, I am tied into their exorbitant charges but I agree, they have to lie constantly. I also have to say that the people who moderate this forum are only mere employees, unlike other telecomm companies (TalkTalk) for example, where their forum mods work directly under their chief executive, and do have the authority to sort things properly and promptly.

And what are the TalkTalk moderators if not only mere employees, are they company directors, anointed superior beings or what?

DISJT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 18

UPDATE: Finally received a refund of the £55 installation fee on 1st of Feb but no compensation for phone calls. Over a month to get a refund!!!

4th February received a final bill saying I OWE BT £55 for installation ( which never happened ) and that they will collect the money directly form my bank account on 12th of Feb.

So they steal my money AFTER I cancel my order, lie to me for over a month, set up a fraudulent direct debit AFTER cancellation, take over a month to issue a refund and now have the cheek to try and steal the £55 for a second time via direct debit.

Words can not express my disgust.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 10 of 18

Hi Disjt,

I am sorry you are still having problems.  Did you ever take SeanD up on his offer of help?  The Mod will be happy to intervene and help you out.

If you would still like assistance drop me in an email please? Use the 'contact us' form in my forum profile under the 'about me' section. You can find it by clicking on my username.

Thx

Craig

BTCare Community Mod

If we have asked you to email us with your details, please make sure you are logged in to the forum, otherwise you will not be able to see our ‘Contact Us’ link within our profiles.

We are sorry but we are unable to deal with service/account queries via the private message(PM) function so please don't PM your account info, we need to deal with this via our email account :-)”
td-p/30">Ratings star on the left-hand side of the post.

If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings