cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CatastrophicFailure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 18

Re: Does BT employ ANYONE who isn't completely incompetent or a liar?

1) Does BT employ ANYONE who isn't completely incompetent or a liar?

2) Who do I need to contact to actually get my money refunded and compensation for phone calls and considerable time spent chasing your inept staff?

My answers would be...

1) There must be some but they are no doubt hunted down mercilessly by BT 'troubleshooters'.  They have to live between worlds, occasionally actually helping someone and hoping they aren't the next to get caught.  (That said, it does seem a lot of people get positive results dealing with the moderators on this forum)

2) I have spent several hours on the phone and used up a valuable days holiday all to no avail and I've got off lightly.  I never heard of some of the poor souls who have had 5 or 6 appointments ever getting a penny. 

Interestingly I haven't actually signed up yet and will be interested to see what deal they are willing to 'offer' to get me into the 18 month contract after all the mucking about I've had to endure.  Mind you, even if they offered me a great deal I would need it in writing before proceeding as like you have found out, there is a lot lies told.

Regards

0 Ratings
redtela
Contributor
Message 12 of 18

1) Does BT employ ANYONE who isn't completely incompetent or a liar?

2) Who do I need to contact to actually get my money refunded and compensation for phone calls and considerable time spent chasing your inept staff?

My answers:

1) Yes, I spoke to two of them today. The first was in the Sales team, and really couldn't do much about my problem because it's beyond the remit of his team. The second kindly placed me on hold while she phoned the engineers responsible for my delays. About every 3rd word out of this second person was "sorry" - even though she had no direct influence into the cause of my problem.

2) Dial 150 (or 0800 800 150, from any landline) - that's a free call, so duration shouldn't really matter. When the system says "tell us why you're calling" - the appropriate response is "Order management."

Finally, I understand your situation is frustrating. But please consider the fact that the people you talk to on the phone haven't caused you any frustration (assuming you haven't spoken to that particular individual before about your issue), and are actually paid to help resolve the problem. I've worked answering customer phone lines before, and it's very nice on the extremely rare occasions when a customer doesn't blame you for everything under the sun while shouting at you. 

Highlighted
CatastrophicFailure
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 18

I hear what you are saying redtela, however as you point out, the people on the other end of the phone are paid to help resolve the issue, when you have spoken to your sixth person who promises that it has been sorted and yet again it hasn't been its difficult not to tar everyone at the company with the same brush.

For the record despite the absolute struggle I had I remained calm and polite with everyone I spoke to.  One poor gentleman did receive a pained wail at the height of my frustration which I even apologised to him for.  Sadly he also didn't fix the problem like he promised.

Also the cost to me has been is in that most precious of commodity Time

Time = Life

0 Ratings
redtela
Contributor
Message 14 of 18

I completely get what you're saying.

In my previous work answering phone lines (not for BT), I was the one that's usually pretty rare in the call centre. I was the one that'd break every corporate rule in the book for a customer that stayed polite & civil, and had been passed from pillar to post. So much so that I was threatened with being fired pretty much every month.

However, it's people like that, that can also actually resolve the harder problems. As a result, people like that are usually extremely busy. There were many, many times I'd promise a customer that I'd sort their problem out, and then I'd get completely bogged down in paperwork on an issue, the phones wouldn't stop ringing, and before I knew it I'd been in work an hour after my shift ended & wasn't getting paid for it any more.

I'm sure people like that exist within the ranks of BT, and it sounds like your issue needs one of the 'more competant' ones. 

About the best advice I can give, is to continue being civil on the phone, but more than that, try to actually smile (despite the fact they can't see you) - it'll make the conversation go a little better. When it's going well, drop in words to the effect of "listen, I've been passed around a lot about this, you sound like you know what you're doing, if this drags on, how do I get back in touch with YOU?" - If you're talking to one of the more decent members of staff, I'm sure they'll tell you their extension number etc, even though it's probably against BT rules to do so. Then you've at least got a constant point of contact until resolution.

Message 15 of 18

Hi CatastrophicFailure,

Welcome and thanks for posting.

I'm sorry for all the problems you're having.  I can help get you sorted from here.  Click on my username and under the "about me" section you'll see the link to get in touch with us.

Please include the link to this thread when you complete the form and whenever we've received your details we'll take it from there.

Thanks a million,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
DISJT
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 18

UPDATE. Received yet another bill in the post this morning demanding £55 be paid immediately or the matter will be passed to debt collection agency and that I'll be credit black listed. Unbelievable! 6 months after cancelling an order (placed 24 hours prior) and they still think I owe them money for constantly telling me lies, stealing my deposit and providing no services. Please drop the "British" from your company name, because if this is the kind of company people associate with being British then we're all in a world of trouble.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 18

you need mod help again as obviously something has gone wrong from last time  mods will post contact us link again

contact mods.jpg

After completing the email NOT PM then you join a queue of other customers waiting for mod help. The mods will get back to you in 3/5 working days either by phone or email

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 18 of 18

HI DISJT,

I'm really sorry about that.  Please use the 'contact the mods' link in my forum profile  to send in your details and we'll be happy to help you get this sorted. You can find the link by clicking on my username.

Thanks

Neil

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings