cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 4

Does New EE TV package mean changing tv box etc?

Go to solution

Since my  Entertainment package with BT expires in early July, I’ve been looking at EE tv package on offer today.

When I looked it was £18 per month including Basic Netflix and also 3 months free Apple TV,

my current deal is £16.04p

thought that was quite a good deal, I know when you take out that deal, you the have to have a new broadband contract for 24months.

Thats o.k. As I had to have a new contract in February.

Don’t laugh but when I went back less than an hour later it had gone down another £1!
I’d actually taken a screen shot of the the first price to show my OH, also got a screen shot of the last one.

Might go back later and see what it is then!
 I did have a long saga on here in February when I was rushed into changing altogether to EE, set up DDs the whole shebang, only to have someone from EE ringing up and cancelling the offer, which consisted of new box, etc.

Not bothered about Apple TV but Netflix would be useful as my O.H. decided to take out the basic Netflix contract a couple of months ago, this was after losing the account he’d joined/shared with another household for £4.99 monthly.

EE do say they can port Netflix contract over, payment and any saved films etc.

However not sure if you have to have new box etc, although I don’t think so. Looked at EE community forum and a few posts having trouble getting this done with Netflix billing them as well, so still a bit wary after my last 5 hour debacle with them.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Does New EE TV package mean changing tv box etc?

Go to solution
Relying to myself!
Just been over to EE community site, after reading some of the nightmare scenarios, think I’ll abandon my idea of switching over and wait until EE have sorted themselves out.
See you in a few years time!
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution
To answer the question:
If you currently have a TV Box Pro then you'll be able to keep the one you have if you don't want to swap it for an Apple TV.
If you have an older TV Box then it'll be swapped.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Thanks Darren ,handy to know but I  will be staying with BT and my original  package.

I can’t risk the hassle that it may be.

0 Ratings