cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sussex2020
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

Does changing Calling Plan result in a new BT contract?

Received the email saying that my Anytime plan @ £8.09 will increase by £4.50 in Sept, and suggesting that Anytime 700 mins might be more suitable. My contract ends in December. Called BT and was advised that if I changed my calling plan whether online or by telephone I would automatically be put on a new 24 month contract, I certainly don’t want that. Does anyone know if this is correct please?

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
-Richie-
Guru
Message 2 of 8

Re: Does changing Calling Plan result in a new BT contract?

There are 2 options, a new calling plan with a contract and a new calling plan without a contract, so you're not forced to renew if you don't want to.

Sussex2020
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

Thank you Richie - how do I go about changing the calling plan online without renewing my contract? The telephone adviser knew nothing about this

0 Ratings
Sussex2020
Beginner
Message 4 of 8

Thank you Richie - but where do I find the option to change calling plan without a new contract?
0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 5 of 8

If you have unlimited anytime calls as an addon, you can move to the £7 - 700 minute plan without it renewing the contract, if you can't find the option online, ring the number on the email you've received 

0 Ratings
Sussex2020
Beginner
Message 6 of 8

Thanks Richie, however if you can find the post I have just put on under my question “ Change calling plan without a new contract” you will see that BT have just confirmed that although my Anytime is an add-on changing to 700 mins would definitely start a new contract - annoying.

0 Ratings
-Richie-
Guru
Message 7 of 8

Then someone made a mistake and you're still within your cooling off period.

0 Ratings
Gwyndy
Contributor
Message 8 of 8

I phoned BT yesterday to changed my calling plan after receiving the email about the £4.50/month price increase for the Anytime Calls package. I too was told that this would necessitate a new 2 year broadband and phone contract. As my contract renewal is due in October I was happy to 'negotiate' a new deal and changed the calling plan to the 700 minute / £7 per month deal. (Way more than I need but cheaper than PAYG at BT prices.) Having finished setting up the new contract I was then told that the calling plans are add-ons and not subject to the 2 year contract term!!! All very confusing but I am fairly happy with the new arrangement which will cost a little less than I am currently paying.

0 Ratings