cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 2

Does it take a while for a new BT ID to be live after ordering full fibre broadband

Hi all,

I recently (earlier today) placed an order for a full fibre install and 24 month package.  I merrily went through the process and set up, what I thought was, my BT ID as my email address and accompanying password.

The trouble is, I can't log in with these details.  I thought maybe that the password was wrong, but trying to reset the password says that my BT ID doesn't exist.

Does it take a while for the BT ID to become live on the system, to be able to log in?  Am I simply being too impatient trying to log in within the first few hours after the order confirmation?

I can track the order by the order id and post code and I am getting emails from BT and texts from OR, so my details should be correct.

Thanks,

Keith

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Message 2 of 2

Re: Does it take a while for a new BT ID to be live after ordering full fibre broadband

Sorry for replying to my own post, but it is turning into a very odd situation.  Having been as convinced as I could be that a BT ID was set up with my email address during the order, I decided that I should try to create one.  I used my account number and went through the steps, right up until the final step where there was an error.  Searching for this error in the community pages seemed to suggest it wss because the email address was already being used.  Which is odd, as I only created this email address a couple of weeks ago.  So, it seems like the BT ordering process has somehow created an ID that I can't access using the original email address.  Okay, so I'll try a gmail address that I've got knocking about.  This succeeded, but goodness knows what my account/ID looks like now.  The next fun part is trying to activate it using the link in the verification email - this is met with a message saying I've got to wait at least 10 minutes before using the link.  This whole process doesn't seem reliable or robust and doesn't bode well for the contract with BT at the moment.

*update* the verification process has finally worked for the gmail address.

0 Ratings