cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JM12
Contributor
Message 11 of 23

Re: Does loyalty count for nothing?

Checked and infinity available thanks. If I try options number one last time do I press one for I want to cancel or two for other? I won’t want to cancel until I have another provider set up and I assume they will do it all for me.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 23

Take option 2. When you call you will be asked to say what service you want. Just say "renewal" and it should take you through to the correct department. Be prepared to fight your corner so have the comparable package prices available so you can quote them to the adviser.

0 Ratings
JM12
Contributor
Message 13 of 23

Thanks. Did that and got an offer of a whole penny off their original offer!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
tickhill
Expert
Message 14 of 23

I received the Broadband upgrade offer - stay as you are for 18 months or upgrade for £2 per month to unlimited broadband for 18 months and for this option it clearly states that the price will not be increased during the 18 months.

When the confirmation order arrived and it showed the situation as NOW and after the January price an increase is shown in the form of reduced discount

It shows what you pay after taking up the offer on 12.12.17  eg.£42.99 with £15 discount - pay £27.99

then it shows what you will pay after the 7 January as eg £42.99 less £13 discount - pay £29.99 

which is a price rise despite the offer clearly saying that there will be no price rise during the 18 months after accepting the offer. My new contract for 18 months is confirmed as starting on 12 Dec 2017 on the same confirmation

I am currently pursuing this via the Executive Level Complaints team - and those that I have spoken to, and those in the Broadband Options team that I have spoken to are confused.  So far I have no satisfactory outcome and await further conversations. The Guy in ELC who contract me after I complained via the CEO just could not make sense of my arguments and has gone away to lie in a darkened room.  I await further discussion.

Whilst browsing offers when this dispute arose I noted that NEW CUSTOMERS were being offerred 18 months unlimited broadband with week end calls including line rental for £23.99 per months and would get a £100 reward card which calculates to £142 less than I am being expected to pay over 18 months and like many a BT Customer of long standing.

0 Ratings
JM12
Contributor
Message 15 of 23

Hadn’t noticed that offer of the £100 reward card! When I stated that new customers would have ordinary broadband for what works out to be £5 a month after line rental has been deducted and I would be paying £10 for the same privilege I was told that they would have to pay the £50 connection charge. But it still works out cheaper especially plus the reward card! What to do? Loyalty doesn’t pay but when you’ve never changed it can be a bit scary. Who do you move to? When you look every company seems to have bad reviews. I would have accepted a small rise if they couldn’t match my neighbours, but a penny!? And I wonder if it would still increase like yours?
0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 16 of 23

The Representative at Executive Level Complaiints must still be lying in a darkened room - two days now and not a word.

I'lll give it until after the Festive Season is over and refer it back via the CEO

BT has a habit of fragmentation - one section often does not know what others are doing and the outcome, as here, is conflict and no one seems to know how to sort it out. The programmers seem to be constantly chasing their own tails.

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 17 of 23

Representatiave in Complaints agrees the situation is contradictory.

Easiest solution is a credit to offset the price increase during the 18 months the contract runs.

My personal opinion is that once more Departments are fragmented - deals are "invented" without checking if the pricing software can cope with them!!

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 18 of 23

..and so the first bill arrived (dated in December 2017) after the changes and (a) the amounts charged vary from those expected and (b) it clearly says that the charge is held for the next 18 montrhs

I will duly report back after the next bill due on 25 January and after the standard increases due on 6 January.

I wonder if BT is actually run by Carillion - it seems about as disorganised as Carrilion!! Smiley Sad

0 Ratings
tickhill
Expert
Message 19 of 23

The January 2018 Billl was accurate.  Broadband and Calll charges remained as agreed in December (No increases)

Anytime Call charge did increase as expected.

So far so good!!

0 Ratings
TerryB5254
Beginner
Message 20 of 23

Not with BT they are only interested in new customers BUT think when numbers of people like us will leave they will start to look at the churn and take action but that will probably be too late.

I also have been with BT for 30+ years and paid a bit more for the priviledge BUT my last year broadband was £33 and now they are asking me for £49:99 for the same service whereas a new customer can get the same for £35 and receive a £120 back!

0 Ratings