cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Downgrade BB package

Just had a very long, very frustrating call with the customer retentions team.

Simple request: my 89 year old father-in-law has BB + Halo1, which he had no idea he ever ordered, as was on ADSL BB, which was changed to VDSL fibre 1 recently. Current monthly cost is £45.49 and non-Halo product to new customers is £26.99, and is shown on BT's website as available to our postcode. What we wanted was to go back to Fibre 1, but because "Fibre 1 does not come up as an option on my screen" according to the customer retention chap, I.e. a downgrade, apparently we can not buy it. Plus net, EE and Sky (plus net and EE are both BT owned companies) all offer the fibre 1 price (they are actually lower, at £22.50 & £25) .

Obviously the easy option would be to move to plus net, but between us, we have 78 years service to PO telephones / BT, and for some foolish reason want to stay as custmers! Has anyone else managed to get a downgrade?

4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: Downgrade BB package

I am in a very similar situation.

I have not managed to get a downgrade.

It is impossible to downgrade.

I always only get upgrade offers.

I would love to stay with BT but I have slowly to look for something else. Then maybe one day come back as a new customer. It is so sad.

It is extremely difficult to contact BT. Almost impossible.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

to change your package whether upgrade/downgrade phone the options team 0800800030

problem with downgrade is if you are in a fixed term contract and downgrade to cheaper package you could be asked for  a cancellation payment.  see what you can negotiate with options team

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Definitely well out of contract - just not allowed to buy fibre 1 because it does not come up on a screen as an option. Sadly, even asking to speak to a supervisor was refused.

I will try the number suggested, but guess this is the customer retention team (or whatever their title is these days) so will probably end up with plus net (I really could not bring myself to go to Sky!)

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

the options team will be able help you get the package you want and if you are out of fixed term contract then there shoul be no problems downgrading

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings