cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 1 of 5

Downgrading from Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 at end of current contract - Do I have to re-contract?

Go to solution

Hi,

As per the title, my Infinity 2 contract has come to an end and I'm getting 49 meg download speeds.

I figure I may as well save some money and downgrade to Infinity 1 and get the same download speeds and slightly slower upload speeds. Are BT going to insist I sign up for another 12-18 months?

Many thanks in advance.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Downgrading from Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 at end of current contract - Do I have to re-contract?

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Re: Downgrading from Infinity 2 to Infinity 1 at end of current contract - Do I have to re-contract?

Go to solution
That's annoying......but thanks anyway.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
BoutTime
Contributor
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

Just a quick update in case anyone was thinking of doing the same. I've just downgraded from Infinity 2 to Infinity 1. No re-contract was required. The guy explained that only upgrades require a fresh contract term.

I also removed BT TV so I'm free to add it back on at any time (and get another YouView+ Box Smiley Wink).

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

If I were you I would phone up and double check that you are not in a contract. It would be very unusual for BT to allow an out of contract/minimum term customer to change of package, up or down, without putting you on a new contract.