cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PortEllen
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

Downgrading from Superfast 2 to Essential

I wish to downgrade from Superfact fiber 2 to Superfast fiber essential, mainly due to the fact that the fast download speed I get is 25MB, and with NO propect of faster speeds, makes sense to downgrade and save £20/month.

I am not in a contract, so I contacted BT about downgrading, well imaging my suprise when I was told that it is company policy NOT to alllow a downgrade to the "slower" speed, I could go down one to the superfast fiber, 50MB, but alas not the essential, still would not save the money that I woulds at essential, and the speed is still outwith what I will ever get, and the cost saving is minimal.

Can anyone confirm that this is BT policy?

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: Downgrading from Superfast 2 to Essential

did you try phoning 0800800030 select cancellations then options team may be able to help  they rae uk based

if you are no longer in contract then you are paying far to much as lost all discount

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
PortEllen
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

It was the options team that told me I could not downgrade.

0 Ratings
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 5

@PortEllenwrote:

It was the options team that told me I could not downgrade.

Keep ringing them as I have found you get completely different results depending who you speak to as some of them can be very intransigent. If they don't play ball ask the operative to refer it to a manager who should be able to do something.

You can also infer to them that if they can't do it then you will have no option but to consider moving to another ISP.

0 Ratings
PortEllen
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

Tried all of that, the person I spoke to discussed with manager, I got the feeling they were just as frustrated, told to call back Boxing Day could be some deals, I see that new customers are get 50mb for £30/month going to ask for that, otherwise +net have really good deals. So much for customer loyalty.
0 Ratings