cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 1 of 3

Duplicate account. Was told 10x this was solved now just received debt collector payment request.

I have the misfortune of being a BT customer since February.

It took them 2 months to get me connected and then I started to receive 2 bills each month with 2 different phone number and account numbers.

After countless telephone calls with incompetent call center employees I was told that the duplicate account was a mistake on their end. They closed it, I received a VOL number which verified that all the charges would be dropped and that I would receive a confirmation of this within the week.

I have just received a payment request by a debt collection agency for outstanding payment on a terminated account.

I am beyond furious now.

1. I'd like someone at BT to contact me.
2. I'd like to have written confirmation that this will not affect my credit rating at all.

3. If I receive conformation that all payment charges are void I'd like to discuss compensation for all the time lost contacting BT. Phone call bills and basically frustrating me beyond belief.

If I can't resolve these 3 items I'm considering going to a soliicitor.

How can this happen? How can this escalate to a debt collection agencies while at least 3 people escalated the ticket and confirmed that this was a mistake and duplicate account?

I'm still a BT customer and have a broadband, phone and TV package which is paid monthly by direct debit and there are no outstanding payments on that account. I can verify this with my latest online bill.

Thanks for your input.

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Duplicate account. Was told 10x this was solved now just received debt collector payment request

The moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to three working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 3

Re: Duplicate account. Was told 10x this was solved now just received debt collector payment request

Hi Actionsawesome,

I can take a look at the details of your complaint. Please send me in your details using the "Contact The Mods" link found in my profile.

Thanks

PaddyB

Community ModeratorPaddyB
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings