cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
alicky
Message 1 of 6

ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! BROADBAND-OVERCHARGED ON MY BILL AND NOW I'VE BEEN DISCONNECTED!!

I was going to leave BT last year to get a better deal with sky so they offered me a 12 month contract for £7.49 a month for bt broadband opt1. So I took the deal but when my bills came through they were still charging me £17 the monthly charge I used to pay for unlimited broadband. I rang, they said they would sort it out, the usual palarva!! this went on nearly every month for the last 12 months and they kept crediting my account every time as they took the money out my bank as i pay by direct debit. I have spent hours on the phone over this. Then last month they sent me bill for over £100, enough is enough. I rang they said they would sort it, but this time I cancelled the direct debit as I did not want them to take the money and say we will credit your account as £100 plus is not on to pay out when you dont owe it!They promised it would be sorted, apoligised and even put me on another 12 month contract for £7.49 a month for broadband opt 1. What did they do try and get the money out my bank but they couldnt because I'd put a stop on it and now Ive been disconnected for none payment of a bill I DO NOT OWE!! its soo frustrating of ofcourse I rang, complained, a manager will ring me back, but no one has, sdo now I will have to ring again, spend my time on the phone yet again, is this never going to end???? Man Sad

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES
Message 2 of 6

Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! BROADBAND-OVERCHARGED ON MY BILL AND NOW I'VE BEEN DISCONNECTED!!

Hi Alicky,

Thanks for posting. That's not great at all. Drop me an email to forum.moderation.team@bt.com with your account details and a link to this thread for reference and I'll check what's going on.

Ta

David

Community ModeratorDavidM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
devil1402
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Re: ENOUGH IS ENOUGH!! BROADBAND-OVERCHARGED ON MY BILL AND NOW I'VE BEEN DISCONNECTED!!

i know how you feel. my broadband and phone combined has gone upto £70/month when infact i heardly use our phone. my broadband and phone combined should be £42/month, called bt on sat about my direct debit. was told they have soughted it out and will charge me £38/month which should increase in nov to my normal price. called bt just today as no changes on my account online. just been told cannot change the direct debit. and also informed that if i pay this i will have a credit balance when the next bill of £98. Is this just so they can get the intrest of my money. why cannot i pay for what the amount should be??? very frustrating never known a company like it. 1 person telling me something then someone else tell me somthing different. I really do hate calling BT up, maybe i should start charging them for my time i call them. Well BT when my contact is up im leaving. I cant wait Smiley Happy

0 Ratings
gkwfbut
Beginner
Message 4 of 6

These posts are consistent with my own experience, which I described last week.  At contract renewal/roll over BT gratuitously towards themselves bill in advance for the full, non-discounted, amount saying, after you complain, that they're unable to revise the issued bill, but that the "overcharge" will be credited against your next bill! Cheeky at the very minimum, highway robbery at its worst!

0 Ratings
jf_di
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I have exactly the same problem with BT. They overcharge every bill. I have tried numerous times to get it sorted out & am always told it will be sorted out on the next bill. I was even given a report reference number last time & was told that someone would ring me within 48hrs.(That was 2 1/2 weeks ago) I'm still waiting for the call. Also, I have now received a REMINDER bill for the same amount. Taking into account that I paid double on my last bill. The bill for the next quarter is demanding money that I do not owe. I intend to take Legal advice over this as soon as I can.

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
shirley
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

i am currently in a 18 months contract for the first 5 months i paid 3 paymemts of £7.99 from then on £15.99 a month until recently now they want 2 months every month total of £32 a month i'm now counting down the days 11 months to go i will no longer use bt i do regret ever joining i thought it was a godd deal there is ALWAYS a catch now i'm stuck with it

0 Ratings