cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

Elderly Grandparents being manipulated and grossly overcharged

My elderly grandparents have recently shown me their broadband package as they believed it seemed a little higher than they thought it should. 

What i have found is outrageous! they are being charged £75 per month for a 40mbps download speed and full fibre set up. not only is this a terrible offer (for reference both bt and competitors offer much better deals in this area) but also complete overkill on their needs. 

They are not currently aware on everything they pay for, and said the agent on the phone insisted they needed everything offered which is just untrue. they are being charged for 700 minutes of phone calls a month when their average need is no more than a 100 minutes and heres the kicker, are bing charged to call 1471 if they miss a call. 

i have read multiple posts on this board around elderly parents being oversold so it is quite obviously common practice to target people with little understanding of technology. they are on a fixed income and this seriously affects them.

i have looked on their account with them and of course bt only offers options to upgrade further. seriously disappointed and need help! 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: Elderly Grandparents being manipulated and grossly overcharged

when was the contract renewed.  to speak on their behalf you need to get appointed account manager

you will find that the cost of the 700 minutes package is cheaper than about 100 minutes on PAYG

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Hiya,
how would i go about this?
i see your point regarding the minutes package. my main concern is the broadband package they have been set up with. how can anyone justify charging such a high fee for such a basic package. overselling on halo 3+ when they did not even know what this is
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Seems alot of people with Halo3/+ dont really know what it is and dont really need it.

I might regret saying that if my net goes down for a few weeks and a mobile backup would be beneficial, although the mobile coverage is so rubbish where I am it wouldnt matter anyway.

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

As much as they've been oversold by the looks of it they're not being charged for 1471, what it'll be is they'll be pressing 3 to return the call when dialling 1471 which is chargeable