cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
statchilds
Message 1 of 15

Email about paperless billing

Go to solution

Yesterday I recieved an email tiltled "No more paper bills", I phoned customer helpline to question this as I had not requested paperless billing and was told it was alright as I had not been charged (that was not an answer to my question!!). I have recieved regular paper bills each 3 months and wish to continue and most definitly have not requested paperless and do not want to pay the fee I was told I need to pay (but never have!). Why have BT changed me from paper bills when I have not requested it and why have I been sent the email and to say I have requested paperless?

0 Ratings
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 15

Re: Email about paperless billing

Go to solution

Have you signed up for anything with BT recently?  New contract, new package, new service...

Some of BT's products now have a requirement that you must have paper-free billing whether you want it or not.  BT desperately wants to switch everybody to paper-free, and will use every underhanded trick they can find to switch people to it.

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 15

Go to solution
0 Ratings
statchilds
Message 4 of 15

Go to solution
Thank you for the information, I am acting on behalf of my 82 year old father who does not have TV, computer, internet just phone. Pays his bills the old fashion way even in advance but obviously requires a paper bill. I have set up a MyBT account a while ago so that I could deal with problems on his behalf. I received an email thanking me/him for choosing paperless billing. When I rang the helpline I was told all was fine as he had not been charged for a paper bill!! but they did not comprehend that I actually required one and do not see why a pensioner like my father should pay for a bill he has no other way of dealing with!
0 Ratings
statchilds
Message 5 of 15

Go to solution

Very unhappy about this. My father is 82 has no TV, computer or online access other than me! He never requested or agreed to paperless and if I had not had the email "thanking him for going paperless" he would have been none the wiser. I contacted BTHelp but they did not seem able to comprehend the situation and basically told me everything was fine as my father had not been charhed for a paper bill. They did not and have not taken onboard that he actually requires one (I do not think that he should pay for it either!!). This is all very underhand of BT. When he was overcharged they offered a refund but instead of refunding just the amount overcharged they refunded all the advance payment he had and always has made. So he just went and paid it back in!!

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 15

Go to solution

@statchilds wrote:

Very unhappy about this. My father is 82 has no TV, computer or online access other than me! He never requested or agreed to paperless and if I had not had the email "thanking him for going paperless" he would have been none the wiser. I contacted BTHelp but they did not seem able to comprehend the situation and basically told me everything was fine as my father had not been charhed for a paper bill. They did not and have not taken onboard that he actually requires one (I do not think that he should pay for it either!!). This is all very underhand of BT. When he was overcharged they offered a refund but instead of refunding just the amount overcharged they refunded all the advance payment he had and always has made. So he just went and paid it back in!!

Of course if he requires a large print bill - and I'm sure he does - they have to supply these and they are free.

So I think you know what to do... Smiley Wink

See: https://bt.custhelp.com/app/contact_email/c/4888

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 15

Go to solution

Actually maybe it'd be better just to call and get this set up for him as form seems has a space for email address - I don't know if it's optional.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 8 of 15

Go to solution

And when you get the large print bill, they send a copy of the normal one along with it.  So you can chuck the large one away and keep the normal one.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 15

Go to solution

I my be wrong but I think when you get paper billing you lose some of the functions in the billing section of MyBT which may be a problem for you if you use it to manage the account.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 15

Go to solution

@gg30340 wrote:

I my be wrong but I think when you get paper billing you lose some of the functions in the billing section of MyBT which may be a problem for you if you use it to manage the account.

I do believe you are right - at least it was when I was last on paper billing.  It seems petty and mean-spirited, deliberately disabling chunks of their web site just because you won't go paper-free, but that's the way they are.

0 Ratings