Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Adrir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 21 of 28

Re: Email from BT :: We're upgrading you to BT Halo 1, at no extra cost

Go to solution

Thanks for the help.

Doesn't look like there is any indication of fibre...

output.jpg

0 Ratings
Adrir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 28

Go to solution
I got through to the cancellation team by email and they have claimed that this new order has nothing to do with 'Halo 1' or the 'opt out'. However, according to the 'Your Products' and 'Your Usage' pages on MyBT, my package has changed from "Broadband Unlimited and Calls" to "Broadband Halo 1". So, I definitely think that it is connected to the free upgrade they advertised to me, and that I opted out of.

I really don't think they're upgrading the cabinet in my area.

The cancellation team were not able to shed any light on the situation, nor could they cancel the order because they said "there is no contract associated with the order".

I'm utterly confused.

They seem utterly confused.

They suggested I call an agent on 0800 800 150 to change the package if I don't like it.

Thanks BT...
0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 23 of 28

Go to solution

@Adrir

My guess is that you were out of contract and that BT is doing away with your package so they moved you to a copper halo package at the same price as your pervious package. This might explain why the new package doesn't have a contract.

Are you paying the same amount on the halo package as you were before? 

0 Ratings
Adrir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 28

Go to solution
They increased the rate by about £15 per month.

I was expecting the same £29.99 deal that was referenced earlier in this thread, based on the email I received on March 31st and filled in the form to agree to (i.e., to opt out of Halo 1 for this cheaper deal).

With Regards,
Adrir
0 Ratings
Adrir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 28

Go to solution

Another issue that concerns me is that the order confirmation email references a "special offer discount" that is being added to the package cost rather than subtracted in the "total ongoing charges" calculation.

With Regards,
Adrir

0 Ratings
SpiderPig
Aspiring Expert
Message 26 of 28

Go to solution

Looks like you may have to get back on the phone. Good news is that since your not in contract you can ask loyalty for a new deal aka £29.99

0 Ratings
Adrir
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 28

Go to solution

Fair enough - thanks for the advice.

Will call them again tomorrow.

With Regards,
Adrir

0 Ratings
glassman_ds
Beginner
Message 28 of 28

Go to solution

Adrir

I've checked back through my emails to see if I got any email response after I'd clicked on the "opt out" link on the original Halo1 email I received:  Doesn't look like I received confirmation of my choice.

But on 8th July I received an email confirming that my bill had dropped to £29.99 with effect from 30 June.

Hope you get a satisfactory resolution from them : your postings on this thread prior to the opt-out cut off date should stand as evidence that you didn't want the Halo "upgrade".

All the best.

0 Ratings