cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 31 of 40

Re: Email notification of bills has stopped (on 2 different accounts)

After ,y last pot above and having logged in to see my bill(s) the other day I DID then receive notification of one of the bills. Unusually I have 2 separate accounts and broadband and landline numbers into the house.  In my case may be the BT changes recently decided no customer at the same address could possibly have 2 different email addresses and two bills so the system decided just to notify me of one. I still get one by post so at least that should remind me to pay that one (and one is paid by direct debit and one by me each month).

My bank try every trick in the book with almost weekly ie 50 times + a year onscreen online banking attempts to persuade me not to get my posted bank statements, but I never waver in my commitment to paper billing.

0 Ratings
Message 32 of 40

This month BT is ringing the changes..... so far yesterday I had a voicemail a kind of voice text thing to one landline. Today I logged on and see that my bill is there.   For the second separate account/landline so far I have not had a posted bill nor an email nor a voice texted to the landline.

By the way I presume picking up the voice text involved a chargeable call from my landline to pick up the message. Is that so? if so no wonder many of us prefer paper bills and/or a regular monthly email.

I have definitely this month not had a notice by email for either account to either email address about my bill being ready.

0 Ratings
Message 33 of 40

I received a second voice text to the same one landline yesterday and picked it up.  It was also from BT and about my bill being ready. I till don't know if I am charged for calling 1574 or 1474 or whatever it is to retrieve the BT message. I was not charged to receive a paper bill nor the ones sent by email. Will the voice texts be free to me when I call to retrieve them?

It is possible both my broadband/landline accounts (I have 2) have the same landline number for contact so the two texts related to the 2 separate lines I suppose although surely the number would be that on the bill itself ie a difference one for each line.

Anyway I have now paid both bills so all is well.

0 Ratings
Message 34 of 40

Hi @Jane2018 

You will not be charged to listen to the texts sent to your landline. You can always log into MyBT to see your latest usage costs (additional to your plan) if you're unsure.

0 Ratings
Message 35 of 40

That is very helpful, thank you. In that case receiving a "voice text" is okay (although a paper bill or an email one would be even better).
0 Ratings
Message 36 of 40

I have the same problem. No reminder email and no confirmation of payment email. This is poor service from BT. What can I do about this?

0 Ratings
Message 37 of 40

"I have just spent a very frustrating 2.5 hours on live chat trying to get this issue resolved. The advisors on live chat were unable to help and told me that email notifications about bills "are not a feature that is available"."
What the Chat advisor said is clearly wrong. I've noticed this with chats I have had about other matters - the default response seems to be "that's not a feature we offer sir".
Why are BT's chat agents so badly trained?
0 Ratings
Message 38 of 40

I distinctly remember when I turned off paper bills reading “You will be emailed when your bill is due”.

plus I have over 20 emails which say “Thanks for paying your bill”. The of these last was in September.

I have received neither 

The live chat agent is either wrong or BT have withdrawn the service.

0 Ratings
Message 39 of 40

I just checked again. I can see that for one email address/ BT account August, October (not September unless I deleted it), November - your bill is ready emails. The next one of those is due 25 December so not available yet.

For my other account on a different email address (I have changed neither email address for at least 20 years) which is the bill paid by direct debit I just searched and cannot see any your bill is ready emails from BT in normal folder nor junk for the last few months.

As it looks like I am emailed for one bill each month and I also get a posted bill for one of them I will leave it at that but it would be nicer to be back to 2 emails a month one for each bill

0 Ratings
Message 40 of 40

I have the same issue and have complained about it before - the result of not getting a notification by email that a direct debit is due (and how much it is) could be embarrassing for those who don't have enough in their bank account to cover it. I've been waiting on 'live' chat for over an hour to get in contact with a non-robot.

Why is this so hard for BT to sort out? It seems to happen at irregular intervals.

0 Ratings