cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mender28
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

Email notification that my bill is ready but not expecting it.

I have today received an email telling me that my online bill is ready, but it is not due for another two weeks. Everything about the email looks normal, but I never click on links in emails so I logged on at bt.com and there is no bill waiting for me. Has anyone else had this. Is it just a blip or has the big yahoo hack started to take effect. (I am still on BT Yahoo mail.)

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: Email notification that my bill is ready but not expecting it.

Hi @Mender28,

It sounds like a Phising email. Take a look at What is a phishing scam? Is the email I have received genuine?

Phishing emails can be hard to spot. They're designed to look like real emails from real organisations. If you're unsure about any email purporting to be from BT, delete it and log on to your account by typing the web address (www.bt.com/mybt) into your browser.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 3 of 4

Hi Paddy, I received an email today also. As the original poster, next bill not due until November. I have compared to previous email and the format, name and the blocking of certain characters of the account number and email address is exact to previous.

The link directs to home.bt.com/login. Is it more likely that the BT accounting system has sent these out in error?

Stew

0 Ratings
MCB
Contributor
Message 4 of 4

I have received 2 emails today about 3 hours apart from BT telling me my bill is ready when it is not due for another 2 weeks. I did click on the link in one of them (foolish me!) but it took me to the bt.com website and when I logged in it just showed the previous bill which I had already paid. 

As you suggest, probably a computer glitch at BT.

0 Ratings