Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

End contract after renewal

Go to solution

Hi my package ends early next month. I don't want to renew the contract so when it runs out will the contract just end or do I have to ring up and cancel it? 

Thanks in advance

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: End contract after renewal

Go to solution

You will will still be in contract, just not a minimum term contract which means any discounts you had for being in the minimum term contract will stop and you will revert to paying full price for your package.

Once your minimum term is over you only need to give 30 days notice if you want to stop your package or if you are moving to another provider you need to give 14 days notice however this will normally be done by your new provider.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
If you don’t do anything , you move onto a standard rolling 30 day notice to quit contract, if you don’t want to renew or move to someone else, then you need to give notice to quit, if you want to quit ASAP and you are already inside the last month of the minimum term, the sooner you call the sooner your notice starts...you may well pay the for the full month of leaving and be refunded any days paid for but after the cease
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Thank you for the quick reply. I moved out a year ago but have been paying for my ex partners BT but now im wanting her to take the account and shes agreed to pay it. if this is possible how do I go about changing the account over to her?

Thanks again for the quick reply 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

You can not change accounts to another person. 

She would need to take out her own contract with BT as new customer.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
can we change card details so she's paying for it?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Yes. You could do that but keep in mind if she stops paying for it, it is your name on the account and it will be you that will be liable for the debt.

0 Ratings