cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rogerde
Message 1 of 4

End of 18 month contract and price doubled?

Go to solution

Hi all,

New to community and looking for a bit of advice before i make phone call for me to keep my landline phone number and change provider.

Just come to the end of my 18 month contract and cant believe the price jump i've had to pay. Can anyone tell me their experiences of making the call to say you are leaving and is it worth haggling for a deal to stay with BT?

At present i'm on superfast fibre and anytime calls with line rental and paying over 52 quid. Another provider i've looked at is near £20 cheaper.

Whats others experiences of better deals when haggling?

Only asking as my haggling Technics isn't the best.

thanks in advance

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: End of 18 month contract and price doubled?

Go to solution

If you renew your contract you should get a much better deal than the out of contract standard tariff. Give customer options 0800 800 030 a call and be prepared to walk away if they don't give you a good offer.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Before you call you should check if you need everything that is on your package.

It may be that you could drop the anytime calls if you don't actually use it at anytime or if you have an unlimited call package with your mobile phone package that you could use instead. Why pay twice for the same thing.

Addy
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

Hi,

I was in similar position recently and rang BT and was offered a good deal for another 18 month contract for a couple of £ increase on my previous 18 months. I did get prices from other providers before ringing so was armed with info to comment “well such and such internet can do it for...” but it wasn’t required as after the initial friendly chat and checking my existing BT package the advisor made what I thought was a good offer.

Ade