Did you mean: 
Highlighted
helhindi
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

End of contract equipment charges despite returning weeks ago

Go to solution
Hi there
I have recently cancelled my contract prematurely due to a line fault which could not be resolved despite 3 engineer visits.
The cancellation/tech support teams have agreed to remove any charges for the remainder of the contract (9 months left)
I have sent the equipment a few weeks ago via registered post and collection and had been told by a few BT call reps that they have acknowledged this.
I had a call from Laura who also confirmed that charges will be removed.
To my surprise, an additional charge for the equipment is now added to my final bill.

Can you please help me speak to a single person in BT who can help me resolve this issue?

I had lost my Internet for 3 months when I signed up. After switching to a new provider; the same Engineers visited 3 times and confirmed there was a line error.

My new provider insisted and their supervisor confirmed that the issue was due to a fault in connecting the line at the cabinet......

It took BT 3 months to do nothing, 2 hours of my day on the phones waiting and guess what; 3 days from a new provider to fix what Open Reach have damaged. What a disgrace....
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: End of contract equipment charges despite returning weeks ago

Go to solution

The equipment charge applies if you cancel your contract before the end, as its a deferred charge. It does not matter if you return your equipment, as BT only scrap it under the WEEE Directive.

See http://www.productsandservices.bt.com/products/static/terms/packaged-services.html

Paragraph 17 onwards

0 Ratings
helhindi
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

Many thanks Keith

I had agreed previously with technical support and cancellations departments (it took over a month of phone calls) to waive the termination costs. I need to speak to someone as to my understanding, this would have been waived under the agreement due to it arising from a failure to fix the line.

Would you be able to confirm the option team's number so I can telephone them? The reason I ask is because it usually takes me several calls to several departments before anything is registered your end at BT.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution
customer options 0800 800 030
0 Ratings
helhindi
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Thanks Jon
I have spoken to someone from Options team, they emailed the person dealing with my return/cancellation and I was promised that my final bill will be refunded.
I can still see that this is not removed.
Can someone please help me get the message across as I cannot seem to be able to make anyone understand a very basic message - I HAVE CANCELLED, DO NOT CHARGE ME PLEASE.
Can you help please?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution
it will be on your final bill when it is produced the MY BT site does not update in real time
helhindi
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Thank you for this. I have confirmed and it is as you con...

Go to solution
Thank you for this. I have confirmed and it is as you confirm.
Kindest regards
helhindi