cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

End of contract...

Why are BT not like Sky and Vodafone when contract ends ?

I am now out of contract with Sky and Vodafone and if I don't renew, I simply stay on the same deal and it rolls over monthly until I say otherwise....unlike BT who sort of hold you to ransom !!
I'll be coming to the end of my current broadband contract with BT and instead of the current £29.99 per month it will shoot up to over £50, so I either sign up again to get the £29.99 deal or pay the huge increase !!!
Mind you in a way, I may well pay the huge increase and should be in a position to leave when I want, or will BT automatically also renew my contract along with the higher monthly price ?
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: End of contract...

You would not get the £29.99 deal when you renew, but you will get some reduction.

The £29.99 is to attract new customers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

And why not, it's available on their website for new customers !!
If I don't get it, I'll be off to Sky or some other provider.
I've been with BT for over 20 years, I'm fed up with NEW customers getting better deals than loyal customers....BT are not the only company who does this !!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

@152bobby wrote:

I've been with BT for over 20 years, I'm fed up with NEW customers getting better deals than loyal customers....BT are not the only company who does this !!!

Which is exactly why you don't get it.

More people stay with their present provider regardless of the price because they can be bothered to move or shop around. 

If more people shopped around and moved to the best deal on offer rather than just staying with the same provider for 20 years there would be a need for ISPs to try and retain customers instead of the way things are just now.

At present for every customer that moves away there will be many more who won't so it makes no commercial sense to offer discounts to retain people when they are staying any way. 

0 Ratings